Topic Title: Far Cry 3 / Invalid Promo Code
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/25/2013 03:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/25/2013 03:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kaiserbeto
Peon

Purchased a 7970 from Newegg last month and the Far Cry 3 promo code is being listed as invalid.

Blood Dragon code also doesn't work either.

I've done the following to try to rectify this situation :

- contacted support@amd4u.com.  They aren't responding to any emails at all and have not bothered to help me rectify the situation.

- Followed the instructions in the original e-mail, I can 100% confirm i'm using the link they sent me

- Cleared browser cache

- tried different browsers

- tried a different PC all together

In all of these situations I get an "invalid promo code"

Any help?

Edited: 10/25/2013 at 03:32 AM by kaiserbeto
 10/25/2013 09:15 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

When did you contact the AMD4U Team by submitting a ticket?  12hours ago?    It's a valid question, because (as you have likely seen in other threads) the AMD4U Team is working through a mass of support tickets.  They have advised me that they are at around a 72hour turn-around.

Did you receive the auto-reply from your ticket submission?  If not, it's possible a reply from the team is ending up in your JUNK/SPAM filters.

Where are you located?  The vast, vast majority of FC3 (uPlay) invalid codes issues has to do with people not following the explicit instructions and specific link in the e-mail.  After that, it is likely (as described in my other thread posts) an issue of the customer not being located in NA or LATAM.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

10/25/2013 01:14 PM

Author Icon
kaiserbeto
Peon

Hi,

>>When did you contact the AMD4U Team by submitting a ticket?

My first email to them was on 9/25.  They had me send an invoice from newegg.com and said they would in fact get me a new key.  I haven't heard back from them since 10/7 despite the fact I've emailed them several times asking for either a status update or asking if i'm even going to be able to get a new key.

>> 72hour turn-around

Yea, it's been almost 3 weeks now.

>>Did you receive the auto-reply from your ticket submission

Yes.  Each time I sent an email I got an auto-reply.   It said someone would get back to me "within two business days."  Like I said, they haven't responded since 10/7

>>Where are you located?

California.

>> explicit instructions and specific link

Like i said above, i followed everything to the letter.  

10/25/2013 01:33 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Thank you for clarifying on those points. As in the other threads, at this point I'll try to laise with the AMD4U Team as you seem to have done all the correct steps thus far.  I need:

• First & Last Name
  • E-mail used
  • Coupon-Code
  • Game-key

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

10/25/2013 06:48 PM

Author Icon
kaiserbeto
Peon

Sent you a PM -- thanks.

10/26/2013 09:50 AM

Author Icon
llrr
Peon

I have exactly the same problem. It's been more than a week and there's just been complete silence. Can anyone help me out here. And yes I've followed the steps exactly, a million times. According to Ubisoft support the FC3 code I got from AMD already expired before I even used it. Isn't that just great.

Edit: Oh and I'm in Australia. I've seen that region somehow affects this. I've tried to add the game from euro store, us store, hasn't made any difference. Always comes back as invalid.

Edit2: And for the sake of getting to the bottom as soon as possible. Yes I have tried different browsers and no nothings has worked. Yes I have followed the instructions exactly as well as adding the game manually and no nothing has worked.

10/28/2013 10:16 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

llrr, just PM me your information as well.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

10/28/2013 11:27 AM

Author Icon
llrr
Peon

pm sent

10/30/2013 02:30 AM

Author Icon
kaiserbeto
Peon

Hi Marc@AMD,

Missed your PM somehow.  The game codes work -- thank you SO much for your help and assistance.  very much appreciated.  

best - 

Edited: 10/30/2013 at 02:46 AM by kaiserbeto
 10/30/2013 09:07 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

You're welcome.  Glad the issue is resolved for you.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

Statistics
84332 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.