Topic Title: Far Cry 3 Invalid Promo
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/28/2013 05:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/28/2013 05:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cheesey
Peon

Can't seem to activate the AMD promo code on the Uplay shop.
Keeps coming up as invalid promo code.

I've already opened a ticket on both AMD and Uplay but the code expires today so any help would be appreciated

I've tried clearing browser cache and using the http://shop.ubi.com/amdfarcry link but it still doesn't work.

10/28/2013 06:44 AM

Author Icon
llrr
Peon

To be honest I don't even know why we bother...we contact support we get no response. We use these official forums we get no response. Now even the website just says "Uplay code not available for Far Cry 3". Seriously I have not seen a worst promotion, especially from such a well respected company. I've always gone with amd cards as well so it's just sad. Why can't they just let us choose another steam game and be done with this piece of crap (since you know, steam actually works).

10/28/2013 06:55 AM

Author Icon
cheesey
Peon

I agree, the games on steam were much easier to activate.

Have you tried contacting Uplay customer support? (on here:https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/)

10/28/2013 07:09 AM

Author Icon
llrr
Peon

Yes I've already had a conversation with Ubisoft support (back and forth 3 times). They told me that the code I got from AMD has already exceeded its usage limit, hence it's already expired when I got it. They also said that the FC3 promotion ended like over a week ago, and that the AMD website is incorrect. They can't do anything about this and asked me to contact AMD.

10/28/2013 07:18 AM

Author Icon
cheesey
Peon

Hmm...perhaps contact AMD directly by phone or the shop that supplied the code so that they might be able to provide you with a new one.

AMD has definitely been lousy on their part...

10/28/2013 08:14 AM

Author Icon
llrr
Peon

I've already tried calling AMD customer support, even the one that's got nothing to do with Never Settle. They told me that there's no phone contact for Never Settle except for the support ticket/email. Basically the person told me I had to raise a ticket through the customer care and she'll try to redirect it to their promotion team and figure it out. I submitted one, and didn't even get a confirmation email. I don't even know if they got it or not. Honestly I'm not getting anywhere with this problem...

10/28/2013 10:04 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: llrr I submitted one, and didn't even get a confirmation email. I don't even know if they got it or not.

If you did not get the automatic-reply e-mail confirming receipt of your submitted support ticket then you either:

• entered your e-mail address wrong
  • have spam/junk filters catching it

You can PM me your information (lots of other threads where I offer to help and you can see the information I need).

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
80979 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.