Topic Title: Disappointed R9 280X Customer
Topic Summary: BF4 now bundled with R9 GPUs
Created On: 11/13/2013 05:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/13/2013 05:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
frotzamuta
Peon

Hi,

I bought a R9 280x card end of october and today heard about the new bundle with BF4. I am very disappointed that I will not get that game but supported the start of the R9 series as an early adopter.

Best regards
Frotzamuta

11/13/2013 07:35 AM

Author Icon
victorji
Peon

Yeah, same here...I expect news from AMD about this.

11/13/2013 07:40 AM

Author Icon
llrr
Peon

To be fair, 280x = 7970ghz, 290x is hawaii, it's actually new, and it's on a different price range as well. I don't think you should expect the same deal with both cards.

11/13/2013 07:48 AM

Author Icon
victorji
Peon

Originally posted by: llrr To be fair, 280x = 7970ghz, 290x is hawaii, it's actually new, and it's on a different price range as well. I don't think you should expect the same deal with both cards.

Sure, but today amd ads a new never settle promotion, and it includes all r9 cards and some r7

11/13/2013 09:47 AM

Author Icon
Sevan
Peon

Well I bought 280x and 290 on release Hopefully AMD can do something for early adopters as suggested.

11/13/2013 10:42 AM

Author Icon
purvil311
Peon

I bought it on Oct 21st. Kind of feel left out for giving them my money early. Let's see what they do. This is my first ever AMD purchase, if they follow through and make us happy, might earn me as a long time customer .

11/13/2013 01:00 PM

Author Icon
llrr
Peon

Ok that's kinda sad. I bought 280x and redeemed 3 games from never settle forever because the shop was nice enough to give me a voucher since it's basically the 7970. Now with this new bundle I actually don't know if it's actually worth it to get another one since it's just bf4. Also reading the articles it sounds like the holiday bundles are now set. I wonder if any more games will be added to never settle forever...

11/13/2013 06:47 PM

Author Icon
mundox
Peon

Same here, I bought Sapphire Radeon VAPOR-X R9 280X back on oct and I'm not getting anything either, makes me sad that early adopters get the short end of the stick.

11/14/2013 05:13 AM

Author Icon
frotzamuta
Peon

It would be great to hear a comment about that from AMD!

11/14/2013 07:05 AM

Author Icon
MojoW
Peon

I just recieved my 290 3 days ago and the store i got it from(Included in promotion's) will not give me the game because i ordered before the promotion, so i'm very dissapointed in AMD's marketing as it is very stupid to do such a promotion right after launch.
It's like giving the finger to all your early adopters!
So thank you AMD.
I'm using AMD since before it was AMD(ATI) and was always happy until now.
Never even used the green side but times do change i guess.

11/14/2013 10:46 AM

Author Icon
victorji
Peon

I am going to ask for a refund at my online store and buying a nvidia 770 (with free games) Also I have 2d Flickering (like TONS of users) and no words from AMD..so bye.

11/14/2013 05:00 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I imagine that if it would have been possible to offer Battlefield4 when the R9 series launched we would have done so.  Not all decisions are made by AMD, of course.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

11/14/2013 05:27 PM

Author Icon
purvil311
Peon

It's not a matter of offering it at launch, but offering the promotion retroactively to the customers who supported the launch of your new products.

11/14/2013 08:31 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: purvil311 It's not a matter of offering it at launch, but offering the promotion retroactively to the customers who supported the launch of your new products.

Understood, but it is an unfortunate reality of any promotion that it has to have a start date and an end date.  More importantly, the supply of codes available to distribute is finite and being carefully monitored for this promotion.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

11/15/2013 12:29 AM

Author Icon
llrr
Peon

I would've thought leaving BF4 bundled with 290x only would have been great, instead of all this hassle to add the other cards. I mean, I think people would've loved it if the other r9's simply got added to the gold tier of NSF. From a consumer's point of view this event has basically taught us to not be early adopters of AMD's new products (in my case it would've been exactly the same had I not got a coupon for NSF).

11/15/2013 09:02 AM

Author Icon
purvil311
Peon

Originally posted by: llrr [...] From a consumer's point of view this event has basically taught us to not be early adopters of AMD's new products [...].

Exactly what he said. Learned a lesson to not buy into AMD's products early or maybe ever. Not just because I didnt get the promotion, but even after the announcement for Nov 13, none of the major retailers have the bundle for the R9 cards as of yet. Even a manufacturer like XFX is nice enough to let early buyers get the game, but NO, AMD can't do that for their early adopters I guess. I had searched the Nvidia cards on the date they said their holiday bundle is starting, and I found EVERY SINGLE CARD showing the bundle at the right time. Can't say my first impression/experience has been positive.

11/18/2013 06:06 PM

Author Icon
gotit
Peon

I also feel let down by AMD and have learnt a lesson about early adoption of new product lines. I did wait to see if BF4 was being bundled and was sorely tempted by the 7970 ghz editions being pushed by etailers ( same card, old stock, cheaper for a while with added games). Instead I went for a HIS R9 280X but now feel preverbally dumped on and a little bit silly. Most advice on forums questioned why anyone would buy a rebadged card with no promotion over old stock, seems now they could have had a point. Especially with AMD now including BF4 so soon after chumps like myself bought the new cards.

Statistics
84252 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.