Topic Title: Sim City Promo Code Already Redeemed?
Topic Summary: Ordered AMD CPU on newegg, code was already redeemed.
Created On: 12/10/2013 01:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/10/2013 01:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
maskahu
Peon

As the title says, I ordered a AMD A6-5400k on newegg and got a sim city promo code along with it.  When I revealed the code underneath the grey strip and entered it into Origin, it said the code had already been redeemed.  Origin customer service confirmed that it was indeed registered to another Origin account that wasn't mine.  I just scratched off the code, so how could the code have been used previously?

12/11/2013 09:07 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

It's possible you entered a code into Origin that is very similar to the code you scratched to reveal, but that code was already used.  Wouldn't be the first time.

Make sure you have fully scratched away everything to fully reveal each character in the code and double-check you entered it correctly.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

12/11/2013 01:26 PM

Author Icon
maskahu
Peon

That's not the case, I've entered it exactly as it appears on the card.

12/24/2013 08:47 PM

Author Icon
zambine
Peon

Was this resolved for you at all?  

I am having the same exact issue.  I just ordered from newegg as well and got the game card.  I scratched off the code, entered it in my Origin account, and it says that it has already used.

12/29/2013 06:19 PM

Author Icon
Terrence Rivenburg
Peon

I'm having the same issue with the Promo Card I got with my FX CPU from Newegg.

12/29/2013 06:59 PM

Author Icon
zambine
Peon

Just FYI - I opened a case with Origin customer service and talked to them on the phone. They made me attach pictures of the promotional card I received and then added Sim City directly to my Origin account with no waiting. So you might have to jump through some hoops but you can get the game.
 12/29/2013 08:50 PM

Author Icon
Terrence Rivenburg
Peon

I just spent and hour and a half waiting to chat, for the person to come on, and tell me that the card is invalid as it's attached to another account and there is nothing she can do for me.

I have to say that is horrible that you have to go through this.

12/29/2013 10:40 PM

Author Icon
zambine
Peon

I used the "call you back" option. It might help to talk to an actual person. And my guy was not off shore either. You never know who you are talking to on chat. Good luck! 

01/06/2014 02:20 PM

Author Icon
maskahu
Peon

I talked to newegg, they sent me another code.  Already redeemed.  Now newegg is out of stock, Origin won't do anything, and AMD has been useless as well.  I'm probably just going to try and forget about it.

Statistics
85420 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.