Topic Title: Multiple Eyefinity Cards
Topic Summary: Can I install Multiple eyefinity cards to to have more than 6 displays
Created On: 07/23/2013 01:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/23/2013 01:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
tru_majik
Peon

I'm in the planning phase of building a machine that will be connected to 5 or more displays. This machine will not be used for super intensive processing just primarily used for displaying information. Is it possible for me to install 2 eyfinity enabled cards to have more than 6 displays? If so is there anything else that i need to keep in mind when building the system? 

08/02/2013 10:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Keeping in mind the hardware you'll need to support multiple graphic cards, what you are looking to do is possible.  You cannot create a monster Eyefinity group that spans monitors connected to different graphics cards, however.  I believe you are just looking to get 5+ extended desktops going, and that's okay.

Just follow the Eyefinity connectivity rules for each graphics card in use.  Recall:

• A max of two legacy connections (DVI, VGA or HDMI) and the rest of the displays connected to the graphics card must be direct DP or using ActiveDP adapter.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
84134 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.