Topic Title: Calibrating touch screens in an Eyefinity display group.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/23/2013 03:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/23/2013 03:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
toddcoutu
Peon

We bought 3 Planar PCT2785 touch screen monitors for an Eyefinity display group.

Setting up the display group works fine, but calibrating the touch accross the display group is a challange.  The Planar engineers recomended I consult ATI as its software is managing the resolution.

The Windows 8 calibration only recognizes 1920 width.  I need it to recognize the 5760 width.  Any advice?

Windows 8 Pro 64bit, MSI 7790 card, Latest Catalyst

Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide!

08/02/2013 09:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

What software/hardware are you using to calibrate the displays?  By 'calibrate' you mean colour calibration, correct?

If so, you need to calibrate each display independantly, because each physical panel will vary slightly (despite being the same model).  This will be your first challenge.  You need a video card that can handle multiple Look-Up Tables (LUTS) and calibration software/hardware that can manage more than just 1 calibrated display.

At home, my Datacolor Spyder3 Express can only manage 1 calibrated display.  I will need to confirm, but I am quite certain the Radeon HD Series products do not have the ability to handle more than 1 LUT too.

The next challenge will be that creating the Eyefinity Group will make the system think you just have 1 big display connected, so I am concerned it the 3 independant calibrations (if you get them going) will go bonkers and simply won't work as you wish.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
89049 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.