Topic Title: Triple monitor setup is not working
Topic Summary: Eyefinity problems
Created On: 08/12/2013 11:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/12/2013 11:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Tisaru
Peon

I'm having a problem where my third monitor will just not work with Eyefinity. I got the Asus Radeon 7870 2GB DDR5 card recently for the purpose of playing with multiple screens and atm I have a Samsung SyncMaster EX2220 (21.5 in/1920x1080) on the left. As my main/center monitor I have the ASUS VN247H-P, (24 in/1920x1080). Then as my last monitor on the right side, I have a Samsung SyncMaster 906BW, (19 in/1440x900), the only monitor with a different resolution. Atm I have a Displayport to HDMI for my main monitor, and the rest are DVI. I've tried multiple times to make this work to no avail, so here I am. Hopefully one of you guys can help me with this situation.

08/13/2013 01:24 PM

Author Icon
George@AMD
Nerfed

Are you only able to detect the third monitor but not able to activate it? Which operating system are you using? The Display port to HDMI connection you have is it ACTIVE?

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care
The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

08/13/2013 08:56 PM

Author Icon
Tisaru
Peon

Yes, my display port is active.
I am using Windows 7 Home Professional 64-Bit

And yes, I am only able to detect the monitor, but I cannot activate it for a triple monitor setup.

08/14/2013 09:02 AM

Author Icon
George@AMD
Nerfed

Double check the adapter to ensure its ACTIVE. If you are able to detect the third monitor but unable to activate it and it gives an error message stating “unable to save”. It usually means that you have 3 passive connections. An ACTIVE adapter has a computer chip in it you may have received a damaged or faulty one.

Here is a list of approved adapters:

www.amd.com/dongles

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care
The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

08/15/2013 01:42 AM

Author Icon
Tisaru
Peon

Oh wow, just figured out my adapter isn't active. Just ordered one that actually is. I'll give an update once I get it.

08/19/2013 02:30 AM

Author Icon
Tisaru
Peon

Ah yes, Thank you!
It works now! 

Statistics
84891 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.