Topic Title: 3 Independent Displays - One Graphics Card
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/14/2013 07:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/14/2013 07:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jensen1583
Peon

I'm having some trouble trying to enable 3 independent displays to one graphics card. My card is an HD 6900 series, and I have three monitors that willd display a max resolution of 1920x1080.

The first monitor is plugged in via DVI cable directly into one of the DVI slots on the card.

The second monitor is plugged in via HDMI directly into the HDMI input in on the card.

The third monitor is plugged in via HDMI cable to a DVI converter to a DP converter. So the cable is HDMI, but it converts it to DVI, and then I bought another converter that converts that to DP and is plugged into the DP on the back of the card.

I cannot get all 3 monitors enabled at the same time. I looked up on the AMD help and it said the basic requirements were to have the first two connected via some legacy port (which I have via DVI and HDMI) and the third must be plugged into the DP (which I have also done). I don't want the converter I purchased to go to waste since I only purchased it for the third display set up, and I hope I wasn't mislead by your set up guide.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

08/15/2013 10:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
George@AMD
Nerfed

I would like you to look into this thread.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=474&threadid=167443

Your third monitor has too many conversions you should go straight DP from the video card to HDMI ACTIVE to the display.

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care
The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

Statistics
89049 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.