Topic Title: Desktop position on presets
Topic Summary: Presets dont save desktop positions
Created On: 08/18/2013 04:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/18/2013 04:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MPD
Peon

HiI have a 3 monitor setup with dual HIS HD 7950's running in Crossfire.I have two preset setups - one for Eyeinfinity to span all three monitors in landscape (giving me a 5760x1080 desktop - and one "Standard" which is three extended desktops each running 1920*1080I have hotkeys setup in CCC for both of these presets and can switch fine between them.Unfortunately the Standard preset keeps moving one of the desktop positions meaning they aren't all lined up.  I've tried recreating this preset several times yet it keeps ignore my desktop position.I have created some screenshots and shared them here http://sdrv.ms/14TbXxoThe "Standard Setup" is the config I have when I save the Standard preset.The "Eyeinfity Setup" is the config I have when I save the Eyeinfinity presetThe "Standard restore" is what CCC shows when I switch from Standard to Eyeinifity back to Standard - you can see how the desktop position has movedAny ideas?regardsMark
 08/23/2013 02:26 AM

Author Icon
MPD
Peon

*bump*No one got any ideas?  Even if its just to point out something stupid I'm doing....thanks
 08/23/2013 03:41 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

With the monitor that's moving, is it the monitor that you selected for the Eyefinity grouping? Is it a Primary monitor?

It's such a weird situation that I'm grasping at straws here. I am just wondering since:

"Primary monitors" get some pretty "special" treatment, so if it's the same monitor moving, it may have some special attribute about it. If you chose that moved monitor as the "Select a monitor to make a display group", then it may be moving that monitor thinking that the Eyefinity grouping shuffled things around. I'm at a loss, but try a different Primary monitor or try to create a new Eyefinity group with a different "main" monitor.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/23/2013 04:43 PM

Author Icon
MPD
Peon

Many thanks for the replyNope it isn't the primary monitor - that is set to the one in the centre of the three monitors in the screen shots.   I've tried moving the right monitor inline with the other two and moving the other two inline with the right monitor - both adjustments seem to get overidden
 08/23/2013 05:02 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

When you made the Eyefinity group, did you pick the middle monitor when it asked you to pick a monitor to make an Eyefinity group? If you disable that one and make a new Eyefinity group, picking a different default monitor, does that middle one keep getting bounced around still? And are all 3 monitors identical models?

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/27/2013 12:19 PM

Author Icon
MPD
Peon

Thanks for the reply.  The only monitor moving is the right hand monitor (not the middle one).  I've tried deleting and creating new Eyeinfinity groups using each monitor as default and ended up with the same problem.  All 3 monitors are identical models
 08/27/2013 02:42 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

It's odd that you've covered everything on the software side and the issue persists. Just for fun, have you tried swapping the ports on the right and middle monitors where they plug into the card? It makes me wonder if the card is giving differing results based on the output port possibly having some issues.

AMD Customer Care

09/09/2013 02:53 PM

Author Icon
MPD
Peon

Sorry for the delay - I was trying to reproduce again.   Wierdly this seems to have sorted itself out (before I tried disconnecting hardware).Maybe error was PICNIC?!    I'll monitor and post again if I can spot a pattern.  Thanks for your help in the meantime.
 09/13/2013 01:35 PM

Author Icon
MPD
Peon

Nope - still happening, just can't spot a pattern :/
Statistics
85517 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.