Topic Title: 7990 Eyefinity HELP!!!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/30/2013 03:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/30/2013 03:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SDPilot
Peon

I built a decent computer for a company. 

16gb RAM

They want to use an eyefinity setup.

The 7990 has 1 DVI port, and 4 mini-display ports. 

We have 3 monitors. One is connected with DVI, one is connected with HDMI through a mini-display to HDMI adapter. How the hell do I get the third screen to work in eyefinity?

Will a minidisplay-display to (active)display-HDMI to HDMI-monitor work?

Help me! This is driving me insane. Already spent way too much money on a million adapters.

08/30/2013 04:23 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

You've got it. The 7990 can do 2 passive/legacy outputs (the DVI and the mDP-to-HDMI that you've got there). To get 3, use an adapter from www.amd.com/dongles and you'll be good to go with 3, since you just need one ACTIVE (and certified) adapter. There are some non-certified active adapters out there, but we see tons of issues with some of them, so it's better to stick with certified ones.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/30/2013 04:36 PM

Author Icon
SDPilot
Peon

Originally posted by: Kent@AMD You've got it. The 7990 can do 2 passive/legacy outputs (the DVI and the mDP-to-HDMI that you've got there). To get 3, use an adapter from www.amd.com/dongles and you'll be good to go with 3, since you just need one ACTIVE (and certified) adapter. There are some non-certified active adapters out there, but we see tons of issues with some of them, so it's better to stick with certified ones.

Thank you for the quick reply, Kent.

I understand the way I have it will work. That's good to know. Although, I will purchase an AMD certified adapter, time is money with this company. I'll purchase these now, and place an order for certified ones :

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7695983&CatId=81

and

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=700852&CatId=73

Statistics
80979 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.