Topic Title: 7990 Eyefinity HELP!!!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/30/2013 03:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/30/2013 03:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SDPilot
Peon

I built a decent computer for a company. 

16gb RAM

They want to use an eyefinity setup.

The 7990 has 1 DVI port, and 4 mini-display ports. 

We have 3 monitors. One is connected with DVI, one is connected with HDMI through a mini-display to HDMI adapter. How the hell do I get the third screen to work in eyefinity?

Will a minidisplay-display to (active)display-HDMI to HDMI-monitor work?

Help me! This is driving me insane. Already spent way too much money on a million adapters.

08/30/2013 04:23 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

You've got it. The 7990 can do 2 passive/legacy outputs (the DVI and the mDP-to-HDMI that you've got there). To get 3, use an adapter from www.amd.com/dongles and you'll be good to go with 3, since you just need one ACTIVE (and certified) adapter. There are some non-certified active adapters out there, but we see tons of issues with some of them, so it's better to stick with certified ones.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/30/2013 04:36 PM

Author Icon
SDPilot
Peon

Originally posted by: Kent@AMD You've got it. The 7990 can do 2 passive/legacy outputs (the DVI and the mDP-to-HDMI that you've got there). To get 3, use an adapter from www.amd.com/dongles and you'll be good to go with 3, since you just need one ACTIVE (and certified) adapter. There are some non-certified active adapters out there, but we see tons of issues with some of them, so it's better to stick with certified ones.

Thank you for the quick reply, Kent.

I understand the way I have it will work. That's good to know. Although, I will purchase an AMD certified adapter, time is money with this company. I'll purchase these now, and place an order for certified ones :

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7695983&CatId=81

and

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=700852&CatId=73

Statistics
84169 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.