Topic Title: 7970M Eyefinity Question
Topic Summary: Setting up eyefinity with Laptop Display
Created On: 09/13/2013 01:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/13/2013 01:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
beingben
Peon

I'm trying to run eyefinity with my Clevo laptop. I've tried DisplayPort+HDMI+Internal and it disables the laptop screen.

I can run all three I've ran 6 with USB dongles in Extended mode too.

My next step is buying an active DisplayPort Dongle, or trying a Matrox DisplayPort Hub. Does anyone have any inside advice or information that I'm missing to set up a 2x1 Eyefinity setup with my laptop?

Attempts:

DisplayPort to Dvi Cord/Internal\Tried both USB Adapter & Direct HDMI
[24inch]-------------------(Laptop)------------------[24inch]

09/13/2013 03:52 PM

Author Icon
beingben
Peon

*bump*

I called Matrox the makers for DualHead2Go. Utilizing your GPU and allowing two outputs for the single display port. Does anyone know if this works with a internal laptop screen to make 3xInfinity? The customer rep said yes bought i dought he completely understood.

09/18/2013 01:32 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

You can do Eyefinity with the laptop screen, but the DisplayPort output has to be active. The Screen is passive, so an HDMI connection and a passive DP results in the monitor turning off. Unless Clevo did something weird with their hardware, an active DP adapter should be sufficient to use your internal screen with the HDMI and DP outputs for Eyefinity.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
Statistics
84299 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.