Topic Title: Windows 8 three monitor setup
Topic Summary: connecting 3 monitors to a 7750
Created On: 10/09/2013 08:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/09/2013 08:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sir_jack
Peon

I just installed a AMD 7750 into my computer so I can run 3 monitors (for productivity). I have several issues I could use an answer to.

1. When I installed the card, I have a ghost monitor. The number 1 monitor doesnt actually exist. I've disabled it in device manager and then it re-appears. Any ideas how to murder this pesky ghost?

2. When I enable the third moniter (number 4 on the resolution screen because of issue number 1) I get an error message that states

"The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings.)"

I know the first question you will have is do I have an active adapter. I tried that, it dodn't work, so here is the way I'm se up

displayport to hdmi cable = main moniter (number 2 becasue of the ghost)

dual link DVI to VGA monitor (number 4 for some reson)

single link DVI to dVI (also tried hdmi to DVI monitor, same issue)

Any combination of 2 will work, but I can't get the third to display anything.

Catalist will detect all 3 (minus the ghost) but does not give me the option to enable the third, problematic monitor.

Thank you for any help.

10/31/2013 03:08 AM

Author Icon
SpaceVagina
Peon

the latest driver is not as good as they should - these drivers need a rewrite from AMD but there is no sound from them that they are on to this when you read the info about the drivers (win 8 and 8.1)

10/31/2013 05:55 PM

Author Icon
RedWraith
Peon

I came here seeking help with the exact same problem.

I have a Sapphire branded ATI HD 6870 with an Active Mini DisplayPort to Single-Link DVI Adapter. I have two Monitors and a TV connected to my PC. One Monitor is connected via the Adapter, another one simply over DVI and the TV is connected via HDMI.

This setup worked when I used Windows 7 64bit. But since switching to Windows 8.1 64bit, I can't active three displays at once! I get the very same error message as the OP, altough in german.

I have tried both the most recently released stable, as well as the beta driver, to no avail.

Statistics
84842 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.