Topic Title: Gigabyte GV-R777OC-1GD three HDTV
Topic Summary: bringing up third head
Created On: 11/07/2013 06:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/07/2013 06:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
byako
Peon

Hello, I have next setup:

500W PSU

GV-R777OC-1GD

4GB RAM

AMD FX-4300 4x3.8GHz

4 x Samsung 40" Smart-HDTV

Trying for the third day now to fight it to make at least three heads working in Windows 8.1 with latest driver or in Ubuntu 12.04 with either "fglrx" or "radeon" driver. The videocard has 2 x mini-DP, HDMI, DVI-I output interfaces. I'm trying to use all of them with two Fujitsu ( I guess active ) miniDP->HDMI and one DVI-D -> HDMI adapters. Separately all of them work just fine. CCC detects four Samsungs attached, but I just can't get more than two of them work simultaneously. Windows obviously doesn't report any reason for failure, just pure "Try another configuration" (f#*****-off style) error message after I enable third display and click apply. Linux on the other hand is able to bring up signal for the third head but without any picture sent to it (TV detects something attached on the other end and doesn't show "No signal" message"), two other heads show picture meanwhile. I tried also using Apple's mDP->DVI (which is claimed to be active) together with DVI->HDMI just to see if it will work with three outputs one of which is via active-adapter. Unfortunately even this one failed neigther of OS/drivers combinations was able to bring up third head. Does anyone know how to check if the adapter is in fact active or passive regardless of what's it claimed to be, or maybe known issues with 7770 / Windows 8.1 / Linux ? I'm almost desparate. Please, help.

Statistics
84724 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.