Topic Title: Eyefinity color calibration
Topic Summary: Eyefinity + Spyder4Elite
Created On: 11/22/2013 09:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/22/2013 09:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sasquatch316
Peon

Recently got my first Eyefinity setup going, have 3x monitors (Dell U2312HM) and 2x R9 280X cards, Windows 8.1  Having issues getting the colors the same on all 3 monitors, read that something like a Spyder4Elite would be able to configure each monitor individually.  If I turn eyefinity off, it'll pick up all 3 and calibrates them nicely, all are very close to matching.  But as soon as I turn eyefinity back on, the color settings go away.  Looking in Windows it's still saying the color settings are applied to each individual monitor, but even if I change to another color profile, the monitor itself doesn't change.  Recalibrating with the Spyder with eyefinity only picks up the array as one monitor, center one gets calibrated while the outside monitors get the same calibration as the center and look even worse.  Is there a way to either disable AMD color control and make it use Windows settings, or load the ICC profile into Catalyst Control and get it to look right?  Thanks in advance for any help.

12/01/2013 03:11 PM

Author Icon
geogan
Nerfed

I'd like an answer to this as well from AMD.

Using a Dell 2408 and two Dell 2407 monitors which are calibrated using X-Rite colormonkey device. Works perfect in Extended mode... NOT in Eyefinity...

I know well the answer is going to be "you can't load individual ICC display profiles when in Eyefinity mode because Windows sees it all as one big display which can only take one ICC profile. So the Eyefinity trick doesn't work with multiple monitor profiles".

I guess they think that only people using Eyefinity are "gamers" and sure they're too low end to buy hardware colour calibration devices and have calibrated ICC profiles...

-------------------------

Coolermaster HAF932, ASUS Rampage II Extreme, Core i7 920, 6Gb Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2000MHz 7-8-7-20, Radeon HD7990 6Gb, 240Gb OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, WD Green Storage, Acer X243 24" x 3, Dell 2407WFP x2, Dell 2408WFP, Tagan BZ 800W Full Modular, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

12/01/2013 03:12 PM

Author Icon
Sasquatch316
Peon

This is pretty much the answer I'm finding, but what gets me is Catalyst can change color/contrast/etc for each monitor, so why can't it just use a saved profile?  As long as eyefinity has been around I seriously can't believe this hasn't been implimented yet.  Really stupid.

12/01/2013 04:53 PM

Author Icon
geogan
Nerfed

They probably can't get around the Windows API to do with displays which was never designed to manage multiple profiles for a single display (which is what Eyefinity does - it tricks Windows into thinking there is one large 5100x1920 monitor connected). Probably can't get Microsoft to modify their code to handle it. Only AMD know really. I'm sure they have been asked about this - maybe they answered somewhere...

-------------------------

Coolermaster HAF932, ASUS Rampage II Extreme, Core i7 920, 6Gb Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2000MHz 7-8-7-20, Radeon HD7990 6Gb, 240Gb OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, WD Green Storage, Acer X243 24" x 3, Dell 2407WFP x2, Dell 2408WFP, Tagan BZ 800W Full Modular, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

12/17/2013 04:56 PM

Author Icon
marjamar
Peon

Pretty frustrating, even with 3 identical (by name/model) monitors.  Since there isn't a common calibration between them, it is remarkibly naive of AMD to not have found a way to do this in eyefinity.  I have to calibrate by hand, and it difficult with 1 of the 3 monitors obviously having different circuitry/panel.  My colormunki does a fine job of it, but the profiles aren't transferible into the monitor menu screens -- At least no way I know of.

Statistics
80987 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.