Topic Title: XFX R9 280X Eyefinity problem
Topic Summary: Only works via 2 screens not 3
Created On: 12/10/2013 02:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/10/2013 02:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ozmodion
Peon

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded to the R9 280X and am having major issues getting all 3 monitors working.

My Setup:

1 monitor plugged into the DVI on card to HDMI on monitor

1 monitor plugged into the DVI on card to HDMI on monitor

1 monitor plugged into the mini DP (via mini DP to DVI adaptor, passive i think) on card to HDMI on monitor.

windows 7 home premium

for some reason the computer will only recognise 2 monitors at the same time, i can deactivate 1 monitor and activate another, but not all 3 at the same time.  I get an error message "Unable to save display settings"

the other day i was messing around at the back of the computer and accidentally unplugged the mini DP adaptor, after i plugged it back in all 3 screens worked and i could activate eyefinity!

I did read in a review, whilst i was deciding to buy this card, that AMD has removed the reqirement to have an active DP adaptor or monitor.  Is this true?  if not then i am assuming that that is the problem with my setup and i need to buy an active DP adaptor and not a passive one that im using at the moment.

Please can somebody give me the solution to this as im dying to see the upgraded FPS and graphics on Crysis 3 etc...

Statistics
89092 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.