Topic Title: r9 270 dvi-dvi-hdmi eyefinity doesn't work
Topic Summary: AMD r9 series eyefinity fake specs
Created On: 01/08/2014 03:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/08/2014 03:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jaska
Peon

I am trying to set up 3 24" monitors for eyefinity but I can't seem to get the third monitor to show any picture. From what I understand the R9 270 no longer require the usage of a display port.

R9 290X R9 290 R9 280X R9 270X R9 270
AMD Eyefinity Technology (Maximum displays) 3 with DVI/HDMI, 4 using DisplayPort, 6 with an MST hub 3 with DVI/HDMI, 4 using DisplayPort, 6 with an MST hub 3 with DVI/HDMI, 4 using DisplayPort, 6 with an MST hub 3 with DVI/HDMI, 4 using DisplayPort, 6 with an MST hub 3 with DVI/HDMI, 4 using DisplayPort, 6 with an MST hub

I have connected:

monitor: GPU:
hdmi dvi
dvi dvi
hdmi hdmi

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

my video card: msi r9 270 gaming 2g

Edited: 01/25/2014 at 03:06 AM by Jaska
 01/08/2014 04:33 PM

Author Icon
alka
Peon

Same issue here, using an asus r9 270 oc.

Dvi To two monitors

hdmi to third.

I can only use two at a time, trying to activate third disables one of the others. PLugging monitors in when computer is off makes no difference to me but has been suggested to work for some.

01/12/2014 02:02 PM

Author Icon
caloyski
Peon

I have a sapphire r9 270x and di dvi hdmi wont work aswell.  I was expecting that R series do support 3 monitor with out the use of display port.

01/27/2014 01:55 PM

Author Icon
mattu
Peon

Same problem here. 

DVI DVI HDMI doesn't work with my XFX 270

03/26/2014 05:06 PM

Author Icon
zaphod
Peon

I have the same problem:

trying to connect 3 identical monitors (2xDVI, 1xHDMI) to the R9 270X

but only two monitors are accessible to configure!!??!?

HELP ... how to solve this to make Eyefinity work?

03/26/2014 05:13 PM

Author Icon
jingkun
Peon

Well having tried this myself on several cards I'm keen to say you still probably need an active adapter for that hdmi to work.  I myself am using 7970s and I needed an active adapter for my 3rd and so did my friend with his gtx 760 (despite my recommendations).

I don't know about the 280 and above but I remember reading that the 270 is about identical to the 7970 in terms of basically all the hardware on the card so it wouldn't suprise me if you still need that active adapter or at least a display port to dvi converter.  

Just to bring it up I'm assuming all of you have tried to unplug at least 1 dvi monitor and run just 2 monitors with 1 dvi and 1 hdmi.

Hope this helps at least 1 of you.

03/27/2014 01:29 AM

Author Icon
brent5222
Peon

I just upgraded to two asus r9 280x.  Was having the same issue.  Only the two dvi monitors would work.   After a few Hours I was able to get eyefinity to work with 2 dvi and 1 hdmi.   I have 3 Asus 23" lcd monitors VH238.

First off I am no expert at this, so I will try to explain what I did as easy as I can.

I have eyefinity working with no addapters 2 dvi and 1 hdmi.   I looked online for a few hours and found nothing. 

Here is what I did to get it to work.

1. Had to toggle from dvi to hdmi on the monitor that is using the hdmi cable. I did this by pushing a button on the front of my monitor.  Sounds dumb but that was the big problem.  I bet its the same for most.  Looking over small details.

2. Now the monitor is up and running. catalyst detects it, but the resolution is off.  I think because it is a hdmi connection it is displayed as a hdtv not a monitor.   Go to My Digital Flat Panels, Scaling Options.  Move to 0% overscan, you will see the image on the monitor adjust.  This should fix the one monitorthat is off on resolution.

3. Set main monitor for eyefinity as one of the dvi port monitors.

4. Create eyefinity group.

That is what worked for me.

04/11/2014 11:07 PM

Author Icon
metatard
Peon

I had this same problem. Based on past experience and extensive efforts, I feel pretty sure that the DVI-DVI-HDMI configuration is not supported by the R9 270. 

I was finally able to get 3 screens working via DVI, HDMI and Displayport adapter. (I was short on DVI cables.) I had to use brent5222's advice to get the HDMI monitor to use the full screen. (How annoying that CCC isn't clearer about this? "Enabling GPU-scaling" looks so right but does not work.)

Hope this helps somebody.

04/12/2014 06:59 PM

Author Icon
Silithas
Peon

Ok, so since this is my config with nvidia surround n gtx 770, this wont work when i get my R9 290 next week? o.O

-------------------------

Desktop

i7-3770k
Evga GTX 770 2gb SC (switching it out with R9 290 4gb this saturday)
16gb 1600mhz
120gb ssd
9.5TB in 5 hdd's
1050w XFX black pro 80+ gold

Laptop:

i7-3610QM
GTX 680m 4gb
16gb 1600mhz
2x msata U100 64gb in msi super raid 0
750GB hdd 

04/13/2014 08:48 PM

Author Icon
Farry
Peon

Just thought I'd add my confusion/disappointment to this board. Been at it for a couple of days with no success.

Setup
1 x Asus R9 280x
3 x BenQ RL2455HM
2 x DVI and 1 x HDMI
Result
Can get any two monitors to work simultaneously, but never all three.

Going to buy Active DVI to Displayport adapter to see if that does the trick.

04/25/2014 10:36 PM

Author Icon
aplaceforjunktogo
Peon

You will need at least one active adapter that originates at the Display Port.  That is the only way to get three monitors going.  Only two clock generators are present on AMD cards.

05/07/2014 08:11 AM

Author Icon
LarryStone99
Peon

How do I connect my 3 monitors to this  MSI R9 270 ?

CASE 1

1: DVI - DVI

2: DVI - DVI

3 : DISPLAY PORT - DVI

DOES NOT WORK

CASE 2

1: DVI- VGA

2: DVI - DVI

3: DISPLAY PORT - DVI

DOES NOT WORK

CASE 3

1: DVI - DVI

2: DVI -DVI

3: HDMI - HDMI

DOES NOT WORK

CASE 4

1: DVI -DVI

2: HDMI - HDMI

3: DISPLAY PORT - DVI

DOES NOT WORK

WHO CAN HELP ME ? PLEASE

THANK YOU SO MUCH

05/17/2014 10:44 AM

Author Icon
LETHAL_SRR61
Peon

Dear All,

Greetings from Brazil !

I made an update with latest driver (14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql.exe) available in AMD website for my HD7990.

After this, my 3 monitors configuration won't work.

I'm only use 2 monitors in same time. The 3th remains deactivated. If I want to use it, I need to disable one of these two first.

With my prior driver, all works perfect. Included the "eyefinity platform".

Please guys, anyone of you can help me ?

Best Regards !

07/19/2014 11:32 AM

Author Icon
mahoon
Peon

A little late to the party, but thought I'd add this for any others still banging their heads against this particular wall.

I got a new R9 270 OC DirectII and had an awful job setting up eyefinity (which used to work a treat on my HD6870). In the end I solved it by:

Active adapter for DisplayPort to DVI.

Two Identical monitors running off the card's DVI outputs.

So, DVI out to one monitor, DVI out to an identical monitor (make and model) and DisplayPort out via active adapter to DVI to another monitor (same size and resolution, different make).

Eyefinity works fine, and I now have another monitor running off the old HD6870 as well (so 4 monitors off two cards - but not part of eyefinity group). My three monitors in the eyefinity group are all running in portrait mode (I'd like them in portrait flipped, but can't find a way to do that at all).

08/15/2014 06:09 AM

Author Icon
Juhaeske
Peon

Exactly same problem here as topic says, ASUS R9 280 OC:

2 x DVI : ACER W2216 22" & AL2016W 20" ( same res and refresh rates)

Displayport to DVI adapter : OPTOMA EP739H ( for movies)

R9 280 OC with Win 8.1 

14.4 Driver

Only two displays available, all recognized by detect displays CCC.

09/04/2014 05:42 AM

Author Icon
nomys1971
Peon

having same issue 

but I'm just going to buy a displayport monitor 

adapters are dodgie eather don't work or fail after awhile

found a article that suggests it'll work in future models might get a bios update if it's that simple cross ya fingers

heres the article

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-R9-280X-R9-270X-and-R7-260X-Review/New-Display-Output-Configuratio

09/20/2014 12:01 PM

Author Icon
krunkd
Peon

R9 270X Card here, Can get two displays to work, but third won't be recognized. I am using an adapter on the third one and not a direct connection so maybe that is why. I'm not too tech savy anymore like I used to be but I believe this is a bios/driver issue? Where we not supposed to be able to use adapters for all monitors this time around freely? :/ Help!

09/20/2014 12:04 PM

Author Icon
krunkd
Peon

also since this is also a 270 thread, anyone else noticing random blue screens on the latest driver? 14.4 performed better imo

09/24/2014 06:32 PM

Author Icon
MSuomi
Peon

Just bought a Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC a month ago and then invested on 3 BenQ GL-2450HM monitors. Using 2*DVI and 1 HDMI, working (quite) well. At first I didn't get the signal to HDMI one, that was kinda "simple" problem -> display didn't automatically set itself to HDMI-input and putting it manually to it solved the problem. What I have gathered (and there is REALLY false information around. Even Sapphire themselves say you would need an active DP-adapter!), cards based on the NEW chipset don't need the adapter. 270 is (to my knowledge) the rebranded 7970...

The most annoying problem is, that having Eyefinity on desktop is somewhat impractical (open web browser and make it fullscreen -> it fills all the screens) and easiest way would be making 2 presets (I have named them "Extended 3 Monitor Display" and "Eyefinity 3 x 1") and bind them to keys (or a combination on keys). So, I made ALT+F12 to be the Extended and ALT+F11 to be the Eyefinity. Follow me?

So, Eyefinity one always works ok. That is all screens activate and everything is ok. Maybe I can change once to Extended display (maybe not), but at least at the second try to change back from Eyefinity -> Extended, my middle monitors stays blank. It is on and it gets the signal, but the signal is just blank (everything is still there though (taskbar, icons etc.). How I know that? Well, one cannot get properties changed from CCC, as it opens to your main screen (hard to guess which one that is xD). But if you right click your other desktop and go to personalize (Win 8.1) -> Display -> change display settings, you can make one of the other (working) screen your main display. Now, everything that was on your (not working) display, gets over to your new main display.

THEN one can go and open CCC. Disable the not functioning display and you get the "Keep new settings or revert" Window, you revert back and Voila! The picture returns to your blank display.

So, this is a driver bug. Annoying as hell and it has been on, lord knows how long. If this isn't fixed in the next driver set, I will probably start to cry! xD

Anyway, hope this helps someone!

Btw. The card is amazing. With one card, the only thing I have to disable (or lower) in game settings is maybe AA (REAL AA, not FXAA or similar). Skyrim, Max Payne 3, Battlefield 3 or 4, even Crysis 3... Just a joy to play...

10/14/2014 10:08 AM

Author Icon
Deadalus
Peon

I had the same issues with the BenQ monitors, they don't autoswitch from DVI to HDMI by default there is an option in the menu system to turn it on.

The worst part about it is that without an input working their menu system doesn't display correctly so you have to swap the cable from your working monitor onto the non-working monitor, change the setting in the menu system, then swap the cables back around to test.

On mine it was Menu > Left Arrow > Enter > left arrow > left arrow > enter > left arrow > menu  -  This turns on HDMI Auto Switch

Hope that helps.

Statistics
87469 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.