Topic Title: Eyefinity doesn't remember display configuration
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/10/2014 07:34 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2014 07:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wickid22
Peon

Hi Guys,

I have a Radeon HD6870 Eyefinity 6 edition. I have 6 displays connected to it via MiniDP to VGA converters. 

Display 1,2,3: Benq MX518ST beamers (running in a 3*1 display group @ 4800*1200)

Display 4,5: 13 inch laptop screens (running @ 1024*768)

Display 6: Samsung SyncMaster (running @ 1440*900)

Everything used to work fine but a few weeks ago whenever I turn of the computer it just forgets beamer 1, screen 4 and screen 6. Screen 2 and 3 change to 480*360 and 5 flips upside down.

I then have to unplug the DP cables from the back of the card and replug them. All screens go to no signal. I then have to hit the reset button on my PC and then it all functions again.

This is not really a sollution as the computer is used in a flight simmulator and it is very hard to access. 

Logging of an on and restarting the PC it works fine. It's just from a cold boot that it doesn't function. It doesn't matter if the screens are turned on or off. 

When I look in windows device manager the screens aren't there as if they where not connected at all.

I have tried a clean reinstall of the system but the problem persists. I have replaced the BIOS battery. Pulled the card out and replugged it. Reinstalled catalyst control multiple times. Cleaned out all display entries out of the registry. But nothing works. It's very strange that it only affects screen 1,4 and 6 as all use exactly the same cables.

I hope somebody can provide me with a sollution because I'm getting real fustrated here. Thanks

Statistics
86397 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.