Topic Title: DiRT3 - Catalyst - Eyefinity - Problem - HUD not in center display [SOLVED]
Topic Summary: Tachometer/speedometer in right display
Created On: 01/10/2014 05:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2014 05:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Rocomi
Peon

Hi,

After installing the latest AMD Catalyst Software 13.12, and creating a new Eyefinity group, the ‘HUD not in the center display' problem in DiRT3 was back. I have had no problem with Catalyst 13.4.

In the past i have had the same problem with Catalyst versions 11.8, 11.9, 12.0 and 12.1.

There are several threads on the internet about this problem (also for other games like F1 2012), with different versions of the Catalyst, but they don't provide a solution.

After systematic testing with Catalyst 13.12 i found that the problem is related to the way an Eyefinity group is created.

The first step in creating an Eyefinity group is the selection of the display for which the Eyefinity group will be created.

>>> This step is crucial! <<< Only when the center display is selected the HUD in DiRT3 will be in the center.

Selecting the left or right display causes the HUD to be spread across all three displays (tachometer in right display).

I have added two images that show the problem and the solution. And i have added two PDF-files that show the proces that i follow to create an Eyefinity group.

Changing the preferred display for an Eyefinity group after creating it does not solve the problem.

Bezel compensation has no influence on the problem.

Maybe the problem is independent of the version of Catalyst and has only to do with the way the a Eyefiniy group is created. I did not test Catalyst 13.4 again to see if i can create the same problem with that version.

This information was send to AMD and Codemasters.

I hope they can improve how AMD Catalyst Software and Codemasters games work together.

> The 'right' way

Catalyst 13.2 - Eyefinity group - Base center - DiRT3 - Tachometer center

> The 'wrong' way

Catalyst 13.2 - Eyefinity group - Base NOT center - DiRT3 - Tachometer right

> Proces of creating Eyefinity group - Part 1

Catalyst 13.12 - Create Eyefinity group - Part 1

> Proces of creating Eyefinity group - Part 2

Catalyst 13.12 - Create Eyefinity group - Part 2

---

The issue is also posted on a Dutch forum.

http://nl.hardware.info/forum/threads/272309-DiRT3-Eyefinity-Probleem-HUD-(toerenteller)-niet-in-middelste-scherm-OPGELOST?p=2381697#post2381697

There you can download the two PDF-files (image 3 and 4) of the proces that i follow to create an Eyefinity group.

Statistics
81005 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.