Topic Title: R9 280 catalyst and eyefinity problem
Topic Summary: R9 280 catalyst and eyefinity problem
Created On: 01/17/2014 11:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/17/2014 11:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
clsmarin
Peon

I bought two ASUS 280X Direct CU II and I plug'em in crossfire mode. 

I have 3 monitors samsung, the same model each one, so they have the same specs, resolution and frecuency.

I plug'em in this way:

Monitor 1 -> DVI-I Single Link

Monitor 2 -> HDMI

Monitor 3 -> Displayport to DVI-I Single link ACTIVE adapter (StarTech model DP2DVIS it's aproved for AMD)

I had the 13.12 but I finally installed the 13.11 beta, becasue the 13.12 was crashing a lot of games.

When I plug the displayport adapter the resolution is 640 x480... what a fake, anyway I had to set the resolution on the HDTV properties panel and then manually choose the 1080p @ 60 hz resolution, but the wired thing is the catalys show this monitor as "NO DISPLAY CONECTED" but the monitor shows my desktop, really bad for catalys.

Another problem is with Hitman Absolution, everything works fine when I play in a single monitor, but when I setup eyefinity mode, the game starts well and I can see menu and mission preview, and when the mission it's going to start everything freezes and the the APPCRASH Error show up, another AMD FAIL.

So AMD Fail, they said there wasn't necesary an active adapter to configure eyefinity, and then when I buy the adapter looks like I have a CRT monitor.

I had a AMD 6990 and it was more stable than this cards, I had some issues but not at this level, AMD should get back to work and focus on PC users and not only in console users, they are not giving a great expirience to the user, inestable drivers and this kind of issues and lies.

I spend 1300 for this cards and a CPU 8350 and this is a big FAIL for AMD who claims to have the better gamer experience, this is a bad joke. 

I am looking for some help here I hope someone could give me a good advice.

Thanks

Statistics
87405 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.