Can AMD please update your latest drivers to support Eyefinity on the Mac Pro (2013) specific graphics cards? The D300/D500/D700 cards.
I have dual D700s and I've tried all of your drivers from the past year for Windows 8.1 (the only version of Windows officially supported by the Mac Pro):
- Latest Beta Driver 306 MB 14.7 Beta 7/10/2014
- AMD Mobility Radeon™ Driver 259 MB 14.4 4/25/2014
- 13.12 12/18/2013
- 13.9 9/18/2013
- 13.4 5/29/2013
- 13.1 1/21/2013
The only version that allows an Eyefinity display group to be created is the 13.9 set of drivers. They are approaching a year old!
And any argument that Mac-specific cards are "specialized" and won't support Eyefinity is moot.
- a) The cards show up as 7900's in Windows anyway! The 13.9 set allows for working Eyefinity and overclocking as well (none of the other drivers do). No reason why newer drivers should remove this functionality.
- b) AMD's own website and literature state Firepro GPUs support eyefinity:
- AMD Eyefinity technology: Your data. In tremendous detail. The ability to run up to three 4K displays lets you visualize every detail of your data in new and exciting ways. That’s nearly 25 million pixels at your command.
Please update your drivers for us Mac users too.