Topic Title: Eyefinity, 2 Monitors, pop up locations
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/26/2014 02:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/26/2014 02:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Kleinersaphire
Peon

So I just set up Eyefinity with a 2 monitor setup. Probably not ideal because of the split down the middle but I am still playing with things. Anyway!

My primary concern at the moment is that pretty much any windows notification or pop-ups of any kind really tend to spawn in the center of the 2 monitors, which is kind of awkward and results in me having t odrag the messages over every time. Is there any way to change the default location of these popups?

03/26/2014 05:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jingkun
Peon

Nothing that I've seen as of yet.  What is your purpose for running eyefinity with only 2 monitors?  

The best way to set it up might be to run without eyefinity and just use windows extended desktop or something like that (i probably have the wrong name in mind) and set your main display in windows and that should be the monitor that it pops up in the middle of.  

I'm sure there is a way by modifying the windows registry, but I try to stay away from those mods since if you mod the wrong thing you might be reinstalling windows.  

I can state that if you pick up a 3rd monitor, and even if you go really cheap with it, that eyefinity might benefit you better and all the pop ups will come up in the center monitor.

Statistics
86429 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.