Topic Title: 5 Displays with Radeon HD 6870
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/25/2014 08:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/25/2014 08:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dominikKoller
Peon

Hi!

First of all, apologies if this is a double post; I just can't figure out which existing topic would apply to my specific problem.

I will have a Radeon HD 6870 Graphics Card (don't have it here for testing), and want to run 4 Projectors + 1 Display on it at the same time. The card has 2 Display Ports, 1 HDMI and 2 DVI ports. Is something like this achievable with this card or will I need another solution?

From what I found in the topics I found, I will need to use DVI-D exclusively, and if I use a digital-analog adapter for the Display Ports, it will have to be an active adapter.

If a setup like this is possibe, what are the things I will have to keep in mind regarding the choice of projectors, monitor, adapters and cables? Will I be able to group three or all four of the projectors in one Eyefinity group or will I have to use them as seperate displays?

I guess a setup like this would drain a lot of GPU power by default. Do you think it would still be possible to run applications that need GPU power (say comparable to a game running on mid to high quality)?

Thank you very much!

Statistics
86425 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.