Topic Title: HD 6550D/6570 dual graphics
Topic Summary: Can't get dual to work.
Created On: 03/08/2013 03:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/08/2013 03:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zosmatic
Peon

Graphics Card
APU: AMD A8-3870K Unlocked Llano 3.0GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Destrop APU with AMD Radeon HD 6550D

Addtional Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6570

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
Driver 13.1

Operating System
64 Bit Windows 8

Issue Details
- When I turn on dual graphics in the Control Center my FPS drops from 30 to 15 when not taking action in games (i.e. at the log in screen) and to the single digits when playing. I set up the graphics card and went into the BIOS to change the memory allocation, but haven't been able to successfuly get the graphics to increase in quality when turning on dual graphics. I currently have the aditional graphics card in my computer but in the AMD Catalyst Control Center I have dual graphics turned off.

I called customer support and they indicated that it was an issue with Windows 8 that should be resolved soon (this was a month ago). I am not sure if the problem is still with Windows 8 or it is on my end.

Also if I switch the graphics to the HD 6570 instead of the APU 6550D there is a decrease in graphics/FPS quality. 

Motherboard or System Make & Model
GIGABYTE GA-A75-UD4H FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3)

Power Supply

Seasonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
ASUS 21" Monitor w/ HDMI connection 

(Previosly was using a Viewsonic Monitor w/ DVI Conncetion)

Applications and Games

All Games - Specifically Blacklight: Retribution and DOTA 2

CPU Details
Above

Motherboard BIOS Version
Most Recent

I have very little clue what I am doing besides what I have been able to find online (which hasn't been much). When I talked to customer support they said I set up the graphics correctly to utilize dual graphics, but I am worried there may have been a problem there since it still isn't working correctly. I appreciate any help and hope that I used the correct terminology to accurately explain the problem. If there is any more information that is necessary to resolve this issue I will be happy to provide it. 

Statistics
84154 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.