Topic Title: Sapphire 7970OC with Boost gives BSOD when Crossfire is enabled?
Topic Summary: A total dissapointment...
Created On: 06/10/2013 02:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/10/2013 02:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
coolwave911
Peon

Hey guys,

Posting here is my last resort as I've been desperately trying to find a solution to my problem with crossfiring my 2 Sapphire 7970 OC Boost. I tried all of the solutions I could find on the internet including manually removing ATI CCC & it components, installing 1 card then the other, installing 2 at the same time. Yes, I've got all the latest software & BIOS for the mobo and the system is only 2 weeks old. Single card ran fine for both, endured benchmark with Heaven 4.0 on 1150/1500 clock speed without any issues (scored 1115 with avg frame rates @ 44fps on Full HD ultra settings with 4xMSAA). It's winter now for us Australians so ambient temp is very cool thus resulting in a good GPU & VRM temp of below 70'C mark even under heavy stress.

I followed LawII & Syncore's post on techpowerup.com which seemed to help someone to get crossfire going but got no result as well 

Seeing the potential of this card & being impressed about its stability I bought another one from the same place within 2 weeks from getting my new build. But for some reason I just couldn't get crossfire to work. It gives me BSOD saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL as soon as I tick enable crossfire & hit apply. Even when I got both card back on BIOS 1 which is the stock BIOS and at stock clock but it still did the same. I even flicked the GPU Boost switch on my mobo to off & on and tried different scenarios but still no luck.

LucidMVP disabled, intergrated disabled, I tried pretty much every combinations that I can think of and nothing seems to cut it....

Windows 8 recognised both cards and reporting the right version of driver installed for both, GPU-Z showing the same values for everything else, they're identical cards pretty much 

Anyone have had this issues and got a solution please? I just spent crapload of money on them and it sucks having 2 cards on but not really being able to use their full potential! Was thinking about selling them both and get a nVidia GTX780 after the past few days trying to get them to work 

This is my configuration:
ASUS P8Z77 VL-K Mobo
i7 3770K (Tried running at stock clock & OC'ed, still gives BSOD regardless)
2 Sapphire 7970 3Gb GDDR5 w/Boost (BIOS ver: 015.025.000.099.000000)
16Gb Corsair Vengeance
Corsair GS800 PSU
120Gb Samsung SSD 840
Fresh Windows 8 install
Catalyst 13.6 BETA (Never a big fan of Beta but I tried Catalyst 13.4 initially without any luck)

Statistics
85741 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.