Topic Title: Sapphire 7970OC with Boost gives BSOD when Crossfire is enabled?
Topic Summary: A total dissapointment...
Created On: 06/10/2013 02:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/10/2013 02:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
coolwave911
Peon

Hey guys,

Posting here is my last resort as I've been desperately trying to find a solution to my problem with crossfiring my 2 Sapphire 7970 OC Boost. I tried all of the solutions I could find on the internet including manually removing ATI CCC & it components, installing 1 card then the other, installing 2 at the same time. Yes, I've got all the latest software & BIOS for the mobo and the system is only 2 weeks old. Single card ran fine for both, endured benchmark with Heaven 4.0 on 1150/1500 clock speed without any issues (scored 1115 with avg frame rates @ 44fps on Full HD ultra settings with 4xMSAA). It's winter now for us Australians so ambient temp is very cool thus resulting in a good GPU & VRM temp of below 70'C mark even under heavy stress.

I followed LawII & Syncore's post on techpowerup.com which seemed to help someone to get crossfire going but got no result as well 

Seeing the potential of this card & being impressed about its stability I bought another one from the same place within 2 weeks from getting my new build. But for some reason I just couldn't get crossfire to work. It gives me BSOD saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL as soon as I tick enable crossfire & hit apply. Even when I got both card back on BIOS 1 which is the stock BIOS and at stock clock but it still did the same. I even flicked the GPU Boost switch on my mobo to off & on and tried different scenarios but still no luck.

LucidMVP disabled, intergrated disabled, I tried pretty much every combinations that I can think of and nothing seems to cut it....

Windows 8 recognised both cards and reporting the right version of driver installed for both, GPU-Z showing the same values for everything else, they're identical cards pretty much 

Anyone have had this issues and got a solution please? I just spent crapload of money on them and it sucks having 2 cards on but not really being able to use their full potential! Was thinking about selling them both and get a nVidia GTX780 after the past few days trying to get them to work 

This is my configuration:
ASUS P8Z77 VL-K Mobo
i7 3770K (Tried running at stock clock & OC'ed, still gives BSOD regardless)
2 Sapphire 7970 3Gb GDDR5 w/Boost (BIOS ver: 015.025.000.099.000000)
16Gb Corsair Vengeance
Corsair GS800 PSU
120Gb Samsung SSD 840
Fresh Windows 8 install
Catalyst 13.6 BETA (Never a big fan of Beta but I tried Catalyst 13.4 initially without any luck)

Statistics
93061 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 10 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2015 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.