Topic Title: Can't load CrossfireX Cat profile/Mode for 3D App in 13.4
Topic Summary: Can't find XFire Mode options
Created On: 07/22/2013 06:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/22/2013 06:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jedirobus
Peon

Ever since the 13.X drivers have come out I have been unable to load any Xfire mode options.  Previous to these versions I could always load the Cat profiles or the 1x1 or AFR friendly options.  I have a 5970/5870 Xfire setup.  Ive had it for a while but I cant for the life of me find those options again in the menu.  It never bothered me much until recently when my screens started flickering and acting up on my normal games like DotA 2, League of Legends, and now Strike Suit Zero to name a few.  I could really use some help with this.  I've tried uninstalling, sweeping and everytime those options cease to appear and the only way I can stop the screen flickering/tearing while gaming is if I turn off Xfire mode but then it's like losing half my power almost.  Am I missing something? I see Cat profiles still being updated for Xfire mode yet I see no where to apply these options.

1. In the AMD CrossFireX Mode for 3D Applications or AMD Radeon Dual Graphics Mode for 3D Applications area, select the graphics mode that is best suited for your application:
    • Disabled—Disables AMD CrossFireX / AMD Radeon Dual Graphics support.
    • Default Mode—Uses the optimal graphics mode based on the current application and available AMD custom profiles.
    • AFR Friendly—Uses alternate frame rendering (AFR) mode for applications that do not have an AMD predefined AMD CrossFireX / AMD Radeon Dual Graphics profile.
    • AFR Compatible—Designed for applications that do not have an AMD predefined AMD CrossFireX / AMD Radeon Dual Graphics profile.
    • Optimize 1×1—Uses alternative frame rendering (AFR) mode with additional optimization for 1×1 resources.
    • Use AMD Pre-defined Profile—Uses an AMD predefined application profile with another application profile. When you select this option, a list of available AMD predefined profiles appears. Use the list or search field to select the profile with the AMD CrossFireX / AMD Radeon Dual Graphics that you want to use
^^^ All these options are vacant yet when I go to the "?" menu for an FAQ guide and to troubleshoot it tells me to go that area under 3D applications but everytime I do; I don't see ANY of these options like I used to back in the 12.X days.  What am I missing? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
 07/22/2013 08:50 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

The newer drivers require the latest netframeworks version be installed..before you try to install any drivers. That could be your issue. Look in the FAQ section for a link.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

07/23/2013 01:19 AM

Author Icon
Jedirobus
Peon

Hey thanks for replying!

Well, I updated .Net from 4 to 4.5 and I resweeped and did a complete and clean re install and still no Xfire Mode settings .  I dunno what else to do.  Without it I have to turn Xfire off because my screens are unplayable for the most part unless I run borderless or windowed mode and at that point I'm not sure if I'm still getting the boost from my second card anymore.

Everytime I re install as well I get a yellow ? saying warnings/errors may have occured but when I click on the log it says everything was a success and the bottom where the section for errors are it's blank.  I never get a green checkmark anymore.  I want to know what happened that I can't get those CrossfireX options anymore. Maybe I'm missing a mundane detail, I really wish I knew.  As you can see It seems pretty vacant in the 3D app settings.

My CCC window

07/25/2013 03:50 AM

Author Icon
Jedirobus
Peon

/bump

08/04/2013 03:50 AM

Author Icon
Jedirobus
Peon

/bump

Statistics
84352 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.