Topic Title: Having major yellow lines crossfire 7970
Topic Summary: Need help fixing yellow horizontal lines.
Created On: 08/22/2013 04:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/22/2013 04:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
winterds001
Peon

Hello guys,

Just got my 2nd 7970 card and enabled crossfire and what not on the latest driver 13.8 and when i lunch a game, specifically FFXIV, i get scrolling horizontal yellow lines, some thin and some really thick. Tried rolling back to 13.4 drivers and got even worse.

Funny part is when i take a screen shot to try to show you the problem, the screenshots come out clear, with no lines.

I just installed a 850 PSU corsair gold, so i think im good in tha department. Any idea what's causing the problem ?

Both 7970 are by sapphire, just different models.

Also, i am using mini display to display port, at 2560x1440 reso 27" monitor.

Thanks!

Edited: 08/22/2013 at 05:04 PM by winterds001
 08/22/2013 05:16 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

Lines that are present on the screen, but not in screenshots, mean that the lines are coming after image processing. So the GPU and memory are clear, but sending that image to the monitor is being corrupted. That means: faulty output port on the card, faulty cable, faulty input on the monitor, faulty monitor. At least that means it's easy to narrow down.

Elimination method: Try a different monitor with a different cable from a different output port on the card, then track it back.

Tedious/diligent method: Try a different cable first, try a different output on the card second, try a different input on the monitor third, try a different monitor fourth. If you have a known-good monitor (with a known-good port) and a known-good cable, that helps to narrow it down quickly.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/22/2013 05:23 PM

Author Icon
winterds001
Peon

Originally posted by: Kent@AMD Lines that are present on the screen, but not in screenshots, mean that the lines are coming after image processing. So the GPU and memory are clear, but sending that image to the monitor is being corrupted. That means: faulty output port on the card, faulty cable, faulty input on the monitor, faulty monitor. At least that means it's easy to narrow down.

Elimination method: Try a different monitor with a different cable from a different output port on the card, then track it back.

Tedious/diligent method: Try a different cable first, try a different output on the card second, try a different input on the monitor third, try a different monitor fourth. If you have a known-good monitor (with a known-good port) and a known-good cable, that helps to narrow it down quickly.

The thing is. I don't have this problem when CROSSFIRE is disabled. I didn't have this problem before. Only happening in CROSSFIRE, so i am 100% positive is not my cables or monitor.

I just tried different cables and what not. No good, in CROSSFIRE, the lines are still there.

Well, Nevermind, it seems HDMI have fixed it. That is really strange.

all cables i used before are just fine though, is there a reason HDMI is the only signal that works ?

I might try switching the cards and doing full display port to see if it works also. 

Thanks for your help.

Edited: 08/22/2013 at 05:33 PM by winterds001
 08/25/2013 05:48 PM

Author Icon
hawkwindnz
Peon

Hey mate, I had the very same thing when I crossfired my two 7970's. I had to connect an extra 6 pin powersupply cable from the psu to the mobo. Asus maximus extreme vi. Plug was located just above the 1st pcie slot at the io shield end. 

Have a look in your mobo manual and see if there is a plug to supply extra power to your pcie16 slots. I have a seasonic 860w plat so you should have enough juice.

Statistics
81005 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.