Topic Title: Crossfire : Impossible to use, crashes everywhere
Topic Summary: Why doesn't my crossfire work ?
Created On: 09/05/2013 03:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/05/2013 03:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
thehunt33r
Peon

Hi !

So yesterday I set up a CrossfireX between 2 7950 Vapor X.

At first, I used the same Windows installation I used with the sole GPU, just installed CAP. I was able to run 1 3DMark11 (Which resulted bad : P10000), but then, each time I wanted to start a game/benchmark with Crossfire enabled, it would crash (not just GPU crash but like BSOD). So I decided to do a clean install of drivers : nothing new... I then proceeded to do a clean install of Windows, was able to launch Bioshock Infinite's benchmark for 1min maybe, with the crossfire working, but it crashed. Here is the whocrashed report.

I use 13.8Beta 2 with CAP 13.5. I tried using WHQL drivers, but it didn't worked all the same.

When I disable Crossfire, I'm fully able to run any game My GPUs are both functional.

Thanks !

Matthieu

09/05/2013 01:12 PM

Author Icon
ulyriel
Peon

You might try using a program like sapphire trixx, it will allow you to sync the clocks and fans plus disable ulps. The latter often causes problems in crossfire. This could lend a hand to the stability of the setup. I use trixx and have been getting exceptional performance. Though my cards are a step down from yours. Also 13.5 caps might not be needed. I don't have it installed, i think the 13.8 driver already has them integrated. I generally don't use them anyway, but rather create my own choosing either AFR friendly or Optimize 1x1 in ccc. I have seen increased performance this way as opposed to using a standard preset. After all everyone's system is different and may also behave different. You can't cookie cut that.

-------------------------

Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0, AMD 8350fx @ 4.8Ghz w/ Corsair H80i, Dual Sapphire 7870 ghz edition OC, 24GB G. Skill 12800CL 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz, 120GB Kingston SSDNow!, 1TB SG MomentusXT SSHD, Corsair TX850M, Matshita Blu-Ray Burner, Logitech G930 7.1 Headset, Razer Deathstalker Keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Mouse, Tri-Asus vg23a 3D Monitors

Edited: 09/05/2013 at 01:18 PM by ulyriel
 09/11/2013 11:06 PM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Overclocker

Wouldn't re-install Windows unless had a complete system lockup or hdd failure!

Uninstall using AMD cleanup utility...restart and then use Driver Fusion and uninstall any remaining ATI files or remnants.  Restart and install new driver.

Don't install the CAPS.

-------------------------

Non-noob components.

Statistics
84656 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.