Topic Title: How do I restore the use of my APU and then enable dual graphics
Topic Summary: I'm trying to use the bios to change the default graphics back to integrated graphics APU
Created On: 09/05/2013 08:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/05/2013 08:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
PA Systems
Peon

I've learned that in order to enable dual graphics between the APU of my A10-6800k and my Radeon 6570 graphics card I have to use the internal graphics as my default video device. I originally set my Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 motherboard bios to use the 6570 on the southbridge as the default video device. This proved to be a mistake and I'm trying to correct it. I restarted the machine, went into bios and changed the default device to IGD and then shut the machine down manually. When it restarted again I was able to see that Windows was starting but the the welcome screen does not show, the display is black but I hear the ping sound that Windows makes when it opens that welcome screen. I had tried to do this other ways but found the same result. Do I need to remove the video card from its pci slot first to resurrect the internal graphics and then install the card afterwards? This is a new build.

-------------------------
Carpe Diem
 09/05/2013 02:48 PM

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

Have tried the Safe Mode and removed the AMD drivers. Once this besure to shutdown and remove the 6570. Then restart your system and install CCC 13.8 Beta 2 drivers. Shutdown your system after and install the 6570. 

Restart your system, once you Windows up, go into the CCC panel and go to the Performance Tab. This is where you can activate Dual Graphics.

All your monitor cables will need to be hooked to the onboard ports not the cards.

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

09/06/2013 04:32 AM

Author Icon
PA Systems
Peon

The solution finally arrived. After speaking to Gigabyte, the motherboard manufacturer, and getting nowhere with the one techie on duty, who had no documentation available on dual graphics, I called AMD tech support. They provided the best solution. 1) Go into AMD Vision Engine, disable Dual Graphics in Performance > Dual Graphics. 2)Shut down the machine. Restart after connecting the DVI to the onboard video. 3)In the BIOS enable the IGD Internal Graphics and choose "Auto" as the function underneath. After that windows started properly with video. There was a conflict between what Windows believed to be the correct video adapter and what the BIOS had determined. After that, re-enable dual graphics in the Vision Engine Center. It works nicely now and my WEI score went from 5.6 to 6.7. Not bad at all.

Carpe Diem
Statistics
85396 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.