Topic Title: games crash with directx error
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/16/2013 07:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/16/2013 07:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
deathcrush87
Grinding Levels

hi everybody,

as i explained before i got a new pc with the specs:

amd fx8350 cpu @stock 4 ghz

gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 motherboard

2x gigabyte hd 7870 oc @ stock 1100 mhz (i did not overclock it) crossfired

8gb corsair vengeance cl9 @ 1600 mhz

corsair cx750 psu

windows 7 64 home premium

catalyst 13.10 beta

im not sure when my problem started, maybe even before trying catalyst 13.8 and 13.10.

i usually had battlefield bad company 2 crash every now and then, sometimes with an unknown dirext error. when im saying unknown is because the game froze up for a few seconds and then there was a black screen, when i alt+tabed the windows showed up with the game name on task bar and a window named directx error just next to it which i could not access or see, all i could do was to right click on either ones on the taskbar and close them with ease 

at first i thought it was only the problem with bad company 2 and since my bf3 was working fine i did not seek help for that issue. around two weeks ago i fixed my black ops 2 's bad performance here with the advice i got from some amazing guys in this forum. after that while playing black ops 2 the same thing started to happen.

i researched a bit and with ppl on the web blaming evga precision x software or other similar things i uninstalled every software like that.

then i ran bf3 and WOW! the crash happens with bf3 left and right with less than 5 minutes in game. 

researched some more, disabled azalia hd in bios setup and there was no difference.

i reinstalled catalyst 13.10 but no changes, maybe bad company 2 is a bit more stable now, but im no too sure. 

when the crash happens, theres only a windows "bing" error sound and all my game is lost..  

i do not know what to do, plz plz help me!!!

-------------------------

AMD FX8350//Corsair vengeance DDR3 CL9 8GB@1600//Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula z//Asus R9 290X oc DCII//Corsair CX750//Razer Lycosa//Corsair M30//Zalman Z11 plus case//Kingston 120gb SSD//Yamaha Audiogram6//Windows 8.1 64bit//

09/16/2013 07:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
deathcrush87
Grinding Levels

also, i forgot to mention, when crashes happen in the tray area of the taskbar a bubble says "gaphics driver crashed and needed to be restarted..." or amd catalyst stopped responding and had to be restarted..  ooohhhh

-------------------------

AMD FX8350//Corsair vengeance DDR3 CL9 8GB@1600//Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula z//Asus R9 290X oc DCII//Corsair CX750//Razer Lycosa//Corsair M30//Zalman Z11 plus case//Kingston 120gb SSD//Yamaha Audiogram6//Windows 8.1 64bit//

Statistics
88878 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.