Topic Title: Frame Pacing for Dual Graphics
Topic Summary: To be or not to be?
Created On: 10/11/2013 05:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/11/2013 05:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Nerdel
Peon

Hello! I would love to know, when we will get Frame pacing or w/e it will be called for Dual Graphics? The result from Frame Pacing is great for CF rigs. It did really good job fixing micro shuttering so gameplay feels smoothier and actual FPS increase from Cf is not just numbers, but quality.

The state of Dual Graphics, especially for laptops is in sad state without technnology like Frame Pacing. AMD pushing new APU processors, and seems like FX series is in dead end of evolution, but what reason do I have to buy next gen APU instead of FX+R7? If Dual Graphics seems like abandoned driver wise?

So please, tell us, when will be added Frame Pacing technology for Dual Graphics?

At this moment APU based laptop with Dual Graphics is the best for Casual Gaming imo. HD3000 and HD4000 can't even compare with it. But If there won't be improvements via drivers It's a be big loss.

Edited: 10/11/2013 at 06:00 PM by Nerdel
 10/14/2013 04:08 AM

Author Icon
ferozdu
Peon

I just replaced my old AMD HD7970 3GB card with a new AMD HD7990 6GB card to play most of the todays hot DX11 games but i'm experiencing some kind of stuttering issues occur during any gameplay like Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light etc. Meanwhile, i tried 13.4 and the latest 13.11 beta1 drivers which failed to resolve this micro stuttering issue on AMD HD7990 6GB card. Someone please let me help to get rid out of this Frame Pacing/stuttering. However, my system specs are the following:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.20Ghz (6 cores)

MSI 890GMX-G65 Motherboard

16GB RAM (1333 Mhz)

Sapphire HD7990 6GB GDDR5

Thermaltech 1050w PSU

X-Fi Fatality Champion Series sound card (installed in 2nd PCI-e slot which sharing x8 speed between GPU & sound card) 

Windows 7 64-bit

10/21/2013 02:04 PM

Author Icon
Nerdel
Peon

Dead forum...I see.

10/23/2013 12:40 AM

Author Icon
rhoydec
Peon

This forum is not "dead" and actually reasonably good

The 'when' question you raised could not be answered by the end users.  This is better addressed to AMD tech support and I hope they are reading this

The issue of micro stuttering and rutted frames in APU Dual graphics has become a key discussion issue in a popular local APU forum I am closely following.  I am also very interested with the answer

I quote the claim made be an article in Tom's Hardware -

" . . . the latest driver doesn't help Dual Graphics. And the problems with this technology are more severe than we imagined even before this story was conceptualized. We're hoping the company gets serious about fixing Dual Graphics, just as it did when it committed to improving CrossFire with two discrete GPUs. Right now it's evangelizing a feature that helps improve benchmark results, but not actual gameplay. That's just not right."

11/13/2013 05:56 AM

Author Icon
Nerdel
Peon

I have read this topic long ago. I would love to simply know should we expect Frame Pacing for dual graphics in near future, or there is no reason to wait for Kaveri and just get good rig with discrete card now.

11/13/2013 09:24 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: Nerdel I have read this topic long ago. I would love to simply know should we expect Frame Pacing for dual graphics in near future, or there is no reason to wait for Kaveri and just get good rig with discrete card now.

So why don't you ask someone who knows? This is is a peer-to-peer gaming forum. If you look in the FAQ section, you will find e-mail addresses and telephone numbers to AMD support in whatever country you live in. They are the ones to address your issue to.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Statistics
84977 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.