Topic Title: COD Ghost needs Crossfire fix!!!!!!!! Please!!!!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/05/2013 10:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/05/2013 10:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ashton4life
Buffed

You all did it for BF4 right away. What happened with COD Ghost? Come on guys its only huge game release and AMD needs to show their stuff and get on the ball! Please!

-------------------------

Corsair 600T Modded Case

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.9 ghz
Corsair H100I

Asus Crosshair IV Formula

2 x Sapphire HD7950 (Stock speeds)
2 x 4Gb = 8Gb Corsair Vengeance
2 x 120Gb G.Skills SSD Raid 0
1 x WD 1tb
Enermax Revolution +85 1050w

11/07/2013 05:58 AM

Author Icon
heirflick
Buffed

i agree, i cant believe a so called triple a titlle like cod does not have crossfire support

i7 920@3.8ghz
asus p6t se
2x 6970 crossfire
corsair hx850 psu
corsair h50
1tb samsung spinpoint f3
windows 7 pro 64bit
 11/07/2013 04:35 PM

Author Icon
ashton4life
Buffed

Originally posted by: heirflick i agree, i cant believe a so called triple a titlle like cod does not have crossfire support

This is so messed up! I feel like tearing my system apart and giving up on PC gaming.

Corsair 600T Modded Case

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.9 ghz
Corsair H100I

1 x WD 1tb

11/07/2013 05:23 PM

Author Icon
deathcrush87
Grinding Levels

well i bought and tried cod ghosts yesterday, it seems there is huge lag with crossfire on and very aweful performance with single card.

im using 13.9 whql driver, windows 7 64 bit and lowering graphics didnt help at all.

i watched this clip on youtube a guy had bad performance with gtx titan in sli.

i think the game is very bad optimized, there is nothing much amd can do about it.

what resolution do you use and what frame rates do you get?

AMD FX8350//Corsair vengeance DDR3 CL9 8GB@1600//Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula z//Asus R9 290X oc DCII//Corsair CX750//Razer Lycosa//Corsair M30//Zalman Z11 plus case//Kingston 120gb SSD//Yamaha Audiogram6//Windows 8.1 64bit//

11/07/2013 11:25 PM

Author Icon
mtdew332
Peon

The AM??D Catalyst™ 13.11 Beta9.2 Driver can be downloaded from the following link

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta9.2 Driver for Windows

• Call of Duty®: Ghost - Improves anti-aliasing performance, and updates the AMD CrossFire™ profile
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Series - PowerTune update to reduce variance of fan speed / RPM
  • Resolves intermittent crashes seen in legacy DirectX®? 9 applications
 11/08/2013 08:23 AM

Author Icon
darthtater82
Peon

13.11 fixes the crossfire issue!!!LOL, it simply dissables your second card!We already know that COD stands for "Cash On Demand"Conspiracy theory? It seems now they are funded by Next Gen hardware componies to stimulate forced upgrade sales?
 11/08/2013 09:03 AM

Author Icon
ashton4life
Buffed

Originally posted by: darthtater82 13.11 fixes the crossfire issue!!!LOL, it simply dissables your second card!We already know that COD stands for "Cash On Demand"Conspiracy theory? It seems now they are funded by Next Gen hardware componies to stimulate forced upgrade sales?

Are you serious? Are you sure it simply disable one card? Can anyone confirm?

PS: Your right, it eliminates the Crossfire setting completely!!! WHAT THE!!!! AMD what are you doing? The fix is not to simply take out Crossfire! I did that already to at least try the game. Incredible! Some one confirm FPS, maybe it just forces constant Crossfire or something. 

Corsair 600T Modded Case

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.9 ghz
Corsair H100I

1 x WD 1tb

11/08/2013 11:29 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

ashton4life, can you confirm for me what you mean by the Crossfire setting is eliminated completely?  For example, where are you seeing this - in the game's settings, or in CCC?

Catalyst 13.11 Beta8 had no CF profile in place for the retail version of the game, so going back to that driver should have no bearing on anything to help troubleshoot an issue of CF performance with CoD:Ghost.  My gut feeling (at this moment) is that you and darthtater82 have an entirely seperate issue of a corrupt driver installation between going from 13.11 Beta8 and Beta9.2.

I look forward to your reply.  I have been told that the testing we've been doing with this game is showing around a 60% improvement on Crossfire performance.  The more GPU-bound you make the game the better the scaling performance.  For example, increasing resolution or anti-aliasing.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

11/08/2013 12:12 PM

Author Icon
clanbake
Peon

Im running 2 XFX AMD 6950 2GB cards/AMD FX 8120/8GB RAM/Windows 7 64.

I have noticed that with games other than COD Ghost, when in crossfire both of my GPUs get very high utilization between 80-100% utilization, and the games run around 120FPS when v-synched with my 120Hz monitor.

Now, COD Ghost. When in crossfire GPU utilization seems strange:

When I set the game config file to r_multiGPU "0" The first GPU only hits about 70% but quickly drops to ~35% and the second GPU is hardly used.

When I set the ggame config file to r_multiGPU "1" The first GPU actually gets utilized all the way at ~100% but again, usage quickly drops and the second GPU is, as with the other config, hardly used.

This is about the same with the  beta8 driver and the beta9.2 driver. The game is unplayable, i may be getting about 20fps with the two configurations above. 

When i disable crossfire. Only one GPU is used and utilized all the way. The game, is playable. I included screenshots. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Sorry - I removed the photos, because they are too big and make viewing the thread quite difficult.

;Marc

Edited: 11/11/2013 at 01:20 PM by AMD Support and Game Moderator
 11/08/2013 01:37 PM

Author Icon
deathcrush87
Grinding Levels

Dear Marc,

I tried to play COD ghosts with 13.9 WHQL driver, and although both cards had 100% load (as GPU-Z idicated), the performance was aweful either with crossfire on or off.

I tired the latest beta today, and nope.. no gain in perfomance what so ever.

I guess that is just the fact that my pc is not as powerful as a next gen console as both bf4 and cod ghosts run bad on my pc, or they are just not well-optimized.

I got around 40-90 fps with moslty 40~50 fps playing cod ghosts at any resolution/graphics settings..

I even tried 640x480, and nope, the performance was aweful, no constant 60+.

I think these next gen games are just designed for beefy/expensive pcs.

heck, even xbox 360 and ps3 had better smoother run of cod ghosts.

thats a shame, if i knew this i wouldnt waste my £39.99 on ghosts, would rather get something like batman or else.

man im so dissapointed with pc gaming now that next time i would just buy a console and be done with it.

AMD FX8350//Corsair vengeance DDR3 CL9 8GB@1600//Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula z//Asus R9 290X oc DCII//Corsair CX750//Razer Lycosa//Corsair M30//Zalman Z11 plus case//Kingston 120gb SSD//Yamaha Audiogram6//Windows 8.1 64bit//

11/08/2013 06:27 PM

Author Icon
crazyguzz
Peon

I'm fairly new to using the application profiles in the CCC, but I wanted to set something up for crossfire support based on the the poor framerates in Ghosts.

After selecting custom application profile and selected the Ghost exe (for multiplayer), I expected to see a custom crossfire profile. 

When scrolling through the selected games there is nothing for Ghosts. Am I missing something?

Just to clarify I'm speaking about the "Use AMD pre-defined" profile setting next to AMD CrossFireX. There is no application profile for COD: Ghosts. Wasn't this supposed to included in the latest beta driver?

Edited: 11/08/2013 at 06:56 PM by crazyguzz
 11/09/2013 04:30 PM

Author Icon
ashton4life
Buffed

Originally posted by: Marc@AMD ashton4life, can you confirm for me what you mean by the Crossfire setting is eliminated completely?  For example, where are you seeing this - in the game's settings, or in CCC? Catalyst 13.11 Beta8 had no CF profile in place for the retail version of the game, so going back to that driver should have no bearing on anything to help troubleshoot an issue of CF performance with CoD:Ghost.  My gut feeling (at this moment) is that you and darthtater82 have an entirely seperate issue of a corrupt driver installation between going from 13.11 Beta8 and Beta9.2.

I look forward to your reply.  I have been told that the testing we've been doing with this game is showing around a 60% improvement on Crossfire performance.  The more GPU-bound you make the game the better the scaling performance.  For example, increasing resolution or anti-aliasing.

;Marc

Marc....I had not tried the 13.11 bete 9.2 for myself until now. After I cleaned and installed the new driver COD Ghost updated on Steam. When I played Multiplayer even in the menu it was stuttering. The game is unplayable due to the lag. I use one card and it gets better but still plays horrible compaired to BO2 and all other COD games. I have a high end system there is no reason for this. 2 x HD7950 and FX8350 with an Asus Crosshair with Enermax Revolution 1000wt PSU. BF4 runs smooth as silk maxed out! I dont know who to blame here, AMD or the Devs. Right now I'm just not playing it and I wish I could get my money back. BO2 blows Ghost away as far as playability and smoothness maxed in Crossfire. There is a definite problem with Ghost. I havent even tried the campagn yet. Who do I complain to AMD or Ward Activision? I know I am not the only one. 

Corsair 600T Modded Case

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.9 ghz
Corsair H100I

1 x WD 1tb

11/11/2013 11:55 AM

Author Icon
clanbake
Peon

FYI - This was a response from Activision support:

Hey Clanbake,

I understand your frustration in not being able to utilize the full capabilities of your cards. At the moment the solution we have for you is to play with crossfire disabled, it may be an issue with the current drivers. Please contact AMD support to receive further assistance:Support & Drivers. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks

^AJ

Looks like AJ from Activition support is blaming AMD for crossfire not working.

11/11/2013 12:27 PM

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

Originally posted by: clanbake FYI - This was a response from Activision support:

Hey Clanbake,

I understand your frustration in not being able to utilize the full capabilities of your cards. At the moment the solution we have for you is to play with crossfire disabled, it may be an issue with the current drivers. Please contact AMD support to receive further assistance:Support & Drivers. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks

^AJ

why does that not surprise me.

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

11/11/2013 12:40 PM

Author Icon
clanbake
Peon

Originally posted by: Earnhardt
Originally posted by: clanbake FYI - This was a response from Activision support:

Hey Clanbake,

Thanks

^AJ

why does that not surprise me.

Their support team is a joke One of them actually asked me what "crossfire" was. The other one responded with the message above, locked the thread, and marked it as Answered. Another moderator simply deleted my post content. 

Its pathetic.

11/11/2013 01:24 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I am not going to point fingers, but I will say is that CoD: Ghosts is NOT a game title AMD intends to brush-off.  It's a huge game, and we'll do everything we can (on our end) to get the game performing as best as possible.  Unfortunately, that just requires patience on the part of everyone.

Forum threads like this, and customers using the AMD Issue Reporting Form all help, but trust me - we're well aware of issues our customers are experiencing when it comes to a game title like this.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

11/11/2013 01:43 PM

Author Icon
ashton4life
Buffed

Thanks Marc,

Is this not a colaborated effort between Ward/Activision and AMD? Did someone forget this game was being released?

Corsair 600T Modded Case

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.9 ghz
Corsair H100I

1 x WD 1tb

11/11/2013 01:51 PM

Author Icon
clanbake
Peon

Originally posted by: Marc@AMD I am not going to point fingers, but I will say is that CoD: Ghosts is NOT a game title AMD intends to brush-off.  It's a huge game, and we'll do everything we can (on our end) to get the game performing as best as possible.  Unfortunately, that just requires patience on the part of everyone. Forum threads like this, and customers using the AMD Issue Reporting Form all help, but trust me - we're well aware of issues our customers are experiencing when it comes to a game title like this.

;Marc

Thanks for the update Marc. Glad to hear you guys are working on the issue. Even if it shouldnt be your problem.

11/11/2013 02:12 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: ashton4life Thanks Marc,

Is this not a colaborated effort between Ward/Activision and AMD? Did someone forget this game was being released?

LOL!  Obviously it was not a forgotten release, but then you have to wonder what happens behind the scenes in the business world, and of what collaboration is or is not possible.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

11/11/2013 09:07 PM

Author Icon
flanos
Peon

good work team at AMD and thanks for the status update marc I eagerly await the new driver that supports CrossFireX on Call Of Duty: Ghosts!!!

playing on 1 videocard currently, cant wait to play on 2

Statistics
84131 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.