Topic Title: Skyrim & 6990 Problems
Topic Summary: Flickering, blurred screen, low fps and jumping fps
Created On: 12/06/2013 01:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/06/2013 01:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
eu4orick
Peon

I've had major problems with Skyrim ever since I've had my XFX ATI HD 6990,

Skyrim is the latest edition Legendary patched to 1.9.32.0.8

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me please?

My goal is I would like to be able to run Skyrim with an ENB installed but as it stands I do not know of a absolute solution that fixes these problems:

With an ENB (enbseries) installed:

All out screen flickering, highly noticable during daytime in game or in bright surroundings.

Depth of Field flickers and blurs all of the screen.

Things that happen with a fresh installed Skyrim:

Significant drops in fps when loading distance terrain on Ultra settings, causes very bad stutters! This one used to work fine once apon a driver or something. Caused in vanilla Skyrim (unmodded or not).

Player character faces flicker from blank to normal colors

Now the only way I can even dream of resolving most of these is to force the game to use another games crossfire profile, which I cannot seem to find a profile to match/better the same performance as normal Skyrim running without CCC edit. If you know of one let me know!

My System Specs: APU/CPU A10 6800k stock speed, 16gb DDR3 1866, Corsair GT 120gb hard drive, GPU Xfx Ati 6990 4gb stock speed, Gigabyte G1.Sniper A88X motherboard. Windows 8.1

CCC 13.11 v8 beta drivers I believe, everything else up to date as far as I can push driver wise. These drivers apart from anything newer which I've yet to try are the only drivers which my Skyrim will function properly with!! 13.9 stable drivers run Skyrim around <25 and below fps which is an utter joke...

So any help and insight I would greatly appreciate? 

Edited: 12/10/2013 at 08:45 PM by eu4orick
 12/15/2013 03:44 PM

Author Icon
eu4orick
Peon

Has nobody got nothing to add here, no help no guidence some kind of support? Have I not explained or missed information regarding my problem clear enough?

(I'm sorry if this is spam but there are too many categories which could be related for where I need help in!)

12/15/2013 05:49 PM

Author Icon
deathcrush87
Grinding Levels

hi,

i heard that skyrim is not fond of crossfire, you chose a wrong card for a wrong game.

disable the 2nd gpu of your card if possible.

-------------------------

AMD FX8350//Corsair vengeance DDR3 CL9 8GB@1600//Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula z//Asus R9 290X oc DCII//Corsair CX750//Razer Lycosa//Corsair M30//Zalman Z11 plus case//Kingston 120gb SSD//Yamaha Audiogram6//Windows 8.1 64bit//

12/15/2013 06:22 PM

Author Icon
Shock720
Peon

I have crossfire 6950 HD, and I have found skyrim runs better and smoother on ultra when crossfire is disabled. Idk if that would help you at all. For the mode support thing idk if anyone here can help you. Maybe check the mod forums or discussions under steam workshop.

Statistics
84958 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.