Topic Title: Dual r7770 cards 4 monitro setup. Crossfire??
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/10/2014 01:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2014 01:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sts.onsite
Peon

Okay I want to use 4 monitors. They are all using DVI connections.

We tried to use a dvi to HDMi adapter to get all 4 monitors on one card. (1 dvi, 1 display port to dvi and one dvi to hdmi adapter) This did not work as all i could see was the 3 dvi and no hdmi.

I was told that I would need another video card. So I purchased an exact same card and hooked up a crosfire cable to each.

here is my 2 video cards. ( http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/graphics-cards/1301260/xfx-r7770-core-edition )

I now have 2 dvi monitors on each card and all 4 monitors work no problem. 

I want to be able to game on all four monitors.

Every time I enable crossfire support under the gaming tab in CCC it only enables 2 monitors (the 2 on the top, from the primary card).

What am I doing wrong?

I can then diable crosfire support and like magic it enables all 4 monitors again. Although games will only load on one monitor again. But under crossfire mode Skyrim will run on both monitors. 

The latest CCC and drivers have been installed. 

01/10/2014 04:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

All monitors must be connected to the primary card in a Crossfire setup.

The detailed documentation for your card is non-existent, but I would surmise that the Single Link DVI port and HDMI port are the same, electrically.  You can use one or the other.

To get more than three monitors, then, you need a DisplayPort MST hub, which actually exist now (took a very long time to reach market), though you may have some difficulty finding them in stock.

In the end, you'll connect two monitors to the DVI ports directly.  Then connect the MST hub (example here - you do not want this, or anything that shows an overall resolution limit like it).  Then you connect active DisplayPort-to-DVI adapters to that, to which you connect the last two monitors.

Once you do that, you should have four monitors available at all times, even when using Crossfire.

Statistics
84327 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.