Topic Title: Crossfire issues with new driver installed.
Topic Summary: Crossfire worked (Badly) w/ Old Driver -- New Driver Hangs with cross enabled.
Created On: 01/19/2014 08:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/19/2014 08:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Timp2700
Peon

So I'm in a particularly sticky situation. I purchased a PC specifically for it's crossfire option. It has two Radeon HD 7700's. It was purchased from a PC company who knows what they're doing, got good user reviews, etc. In other words, Im gambling on the fact that these guys didn't give me a PC that wasn't capable of this function.So fresh out of the box, no driver updates, I opened Catalyst Control and enabled crossfire configuation. Booted up Skyrim and saw that it was having some issues with shading and also framerate. I updated the drivers, and it fixed the issues I was seeing.HOWEVER----I forgot to re-enable the crossfire option after the new driver had been installed. So I think "SWEET! It looks this good with one? What about two!?!?!"I enabled the crossfire option, re-booted Skyrim... and it Hung with that terrible NEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sound it makes. No gameplay, no nothing, just the initial load screen with a nice big serving of forced computer reboot due to total system freeze.I tried with Battlefield 4 - Hangs Hitman Absolution - HangsMetal Gear: Revengeance - HangsNow when I turn off the 2nd card, everything is okay. Am I missing something here? Someone please help, I would appreciate not having to go to sleep tonight with a useless card in my brand new computer.
 01/20/2014 12:53 AM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Case Modder

You don't mention any other system components...did you disable any integrated gpu?

-------------------------

Non-noob components.

01/20/2014 07:37 PM

Author Icon
Timp2700
Peon

I should mention I'm somewhat of a newb when it comes to computers.Here's what I can gather from DxdiagWindows 8 - 64bit1000w Power SupplyProcessor - AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-core ProcessorMemory 16384 RAMDirectX 112x AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series w/ Cross Fire ConfigurationCurrent Driver Version 13.251.0.0I'm assuming by GPU you mean graphics processing unit? In which case, no my knowledge there are no others on here. This PC is pretty much fresh out of the box. How would I go about checking if there is an alternate GPU, and if there is, how would I disable it?
 01/20/2014 08:02 PM

Author Icon
Timp2700
Peon

If I had an integrated GPU, wouldn't it be visible inside of the device manager under "Display Addapters"?  The BIOS - Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG.  Again, the crossfire worked BEFORE I updated my drivers, and went to freezing all my games AFTER the update.
Statistics
85403 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.