Topic Title: 2x sapphire hd7850 missing crossfire, second card is "Disabled adapter"
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/02/2014 07:37 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/02/2014 10:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
vutaikt
Peon

Originally posted by: Suiken_2mieu Anyone try 14.4 (Real or Leaked Versions)?

please share lastest version?

08/02/2014 10:25 PM

Author Icon
vutaikt
Peon

Originally posted by: Suiken_2mieu I have tried 14.6 and it doesn't see the 2nd gpu. One of these days, I'm going to reinstall windows.

pc pc 14.2 and it worrking done

09/04/2014 12:12 PM

Author Icon
SAMiV
Peon

Hello all,

I came across to this forum thread sometime ago when i was looking for a fix for the problem where my 2nd GPU is showing disabled in CCC.

So here i am now writing about my similiar problem. Look like there's others too with this same problem.

I'm now going to list my computers info below this line.

Graphics Cards
2x Sapphire AMD Radeon HD7970 Vapor-X GHz Edition (6GB GDDR5)

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
14.4, tryed with also 14.7 beta

Operating System
Win 7 64 bit

Issue Details
Missing crossfire option, "disabled" adapter

Motherboard or System Make & Model
MSI Big Bang-XPower II

Power Supply
Silverstone 1000W

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
Asus VE247, DVI

CPU Details
Intel Core i7-3930K

Motherboard BIOS Version
V1.5 / 20121016 (UEFI BIOS) and now also with the latest update V2.7 / 20140212

System Memory Type & Amount
4 x Kingston HyperX 2x4GB DDR3 (total of 32GB)

Additional Hardware
SSD boot drive

I have also sent a report to AMD about this problem with all the same info i posted above, so hopefully it helps them to pin point the problem and fix it.

It's been now quite sometime when i last was able to use Crossfire on my computer. Some older drivers worked just fine, but i don't remember now which ones they were. Anyhoo... that's all now i wanted to write here.

Hopefully in their next driver update this problem has been fixed.

I just now tryed Catalyst 14.7 beta drivers, but it doesn't help. 2nd GPU is still showing as disabled.

I also added second crossfire video link cable to my graphic cards since it says to do so in the motherboard manual. Seems they had forgotten to place it when i bought this computer. But that didn't help neither.

---------------------------

More testing... today i updated BIOS in my motherboard to the latest version (V2.7), but still getting "Disabled" for the 2nd GPU. Also updated mb drivers and etc.

Edited: 09/05/2014 at 07:04 AM by SAMiV
 09/08/2014 01:17 AM

Author Icon
kpeters
Peon

Hi guys! At the last oficial version it worked! everything its fine now here! i wish you guys had same luck

09/08/2014 08:32 AM

Author Icon
RodrigoMM
Peon

Originally posted by: kpeters Hi guys! At the last oficial version it worked! everything its fine now here! i wish you guys had same luck

Last official version you mean the 14.4 version? it not worked for no one, did you do something?

09/24/2014 01:33 AM

Author Icon
Ju
Peon

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this topic and the last answer is quite old but i had exactly the same problem and i resolved it just yesterday so i think about share my experience and join the forum just for this.

I have :

-2 ATI radeon HD 6950 in crossfire with bridge on a Asus P8P67 revB3 motherboard.

For a long time i was stuck with 13.9 drivers version of CCC because the crossfire worked only ont his version.

I mean worked by the presence of this "ATI CrossfireX" option in the CCC.

Every time i tried to update my drivers even the last 14.4 the "ATI CrossfireX" option disappear from the CCC.

So i read all of this topic and when you start talking about how crossfire worked and how the speed of the bus could interfere in the crossfire, te light come to me....

Indeed, on my motherboard, i have to PCIe slots :

- 1 PCIe 2.0 x16

- 1 PCIe (black) 2.0 x4

So when i put my second graphic card on the black slot, i didnt check anything, just if my motherboard was compatible with crossfire and she is and the crossfire was enabled in CCC with 13.3 version but cant update.

But when you start talking about bus speed i wanna check my slots and i download GPU-Z to check :

- The first PCIe 2.0 x16 was ok and display in GPU-Z with "x16" => good start

- The second (black) PCIe 2.0 worked and GPU-Z display enabled for crossfire BUT the slot was display with "x1" => not good.

SO with recent version, the crossfire CAN'T worked with x16 and x1 slots !!!

So i went to the UEFI Bios of my motherboard and check the black PCIe 2.0 slot and i was configure in x1. So i changed it from x1 to x4 !!!

GPU-Z display crossfire ok with x16 and NOW x4 PCIe slots.

Then i remove all my drivers and CCC components from my computer, restart and try to install the lastest 14.4 version and it WORKS !!

In the CCC, the crossfire option is here and enabled and GPU-Z display also crossfire enabled with x16 and x4 slots.

In conclusion, my advice is :

- Crossfire can't works with x16 and x1

- Check your second slot and turn it from x1 to x4 in your UEFI Bios

- Uninstall proprerly your current driver

- Install the lastest

Hope I help someone. Sorry for my english i'm a french contributor.

Thanks.

09/24/2014 07:55 AM

Author Icon
RodrigoMM
Peon

Originally posted by: Ju Hi everyone,

I'm new on this topic and the last answer is quite old but i had exactly the same problem and i resolved it just yesterday so i think about share my experience and join the forum just for this.

I have :

-2 ATI radeon HD 6950 in crossfire with bridge on a Asus P8P67 revB3 motherboard.

For a long time i was stuck with 13.9 drivers version of CCC because the crossfire worked only ont his version.

I mean worked by the presence of this "ATI CrossfireX" option in the CCC.

Every time i tried to update my drivers even the last 14.4 the "ATI CrossfireX" option disappear from the CCC.

So i read all of this topic and when you start talking about how crossfire worked and how the speed of the bus could interfere in the crossfire, te light come to me....

Indeed, on my motherboard, i have to PCIe slots :

- 1 PCIe 2.0 x16

- 1 PCIe (black) 2.0 x4

So when i put my second graphic card on the black slot, i didnt check anything, just if my motherboard was compatible with crossfire and she is and the crossfire was enabled in CCC with 13.3 version but cant update.

But when you start talking about bus speed i wanna check my slots and i download GPU-Z to check :

- The first PCIe 2.0 x16 was ok and display in GPU-Z with "x16" => good start

- The second (black) PCIe 2.0 worked and GPU-Z display enabled for crossfire BUT the slot was display with "x1" => not good.

SO with recent version, the crossfire CAN'T worked with x16 and x1 slots !!!

So i went to the UEFI Bios of my motherboard and check the black PCIe 2.0 slot and i was configure in x1. So i changed it from x1 to x4 !!!

GPU-Z display crossfire ok with x16 and NOW x4 PCIe slots.

Then i remove all my drivers and CCC components from my computer, restart and try to install the lastest 14.4 version and it WORKS !!

In the CCC, the crossfire option is here and enabled and GPU-Z display also crossfire enabled with x16 and x4 slots.

In conclusion, my advice is :

- Crossfire can't works with x16 and x1

- Check your second slot and turn it from x1 to x4 in your UEFI Bios

- Uninstall proprerly your current driver

- Install the lastest

Hope I help someone. Sorry for my english i'm a french contributor.

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing your tests, i will try all this later but i have some questions:

- Your scenario is 2x video cards ou 1 with 2 GPUs integrated?

- If 2 GPUs integrated, which slot did you leave the video card? 

- Can you show some print of this "UEFI Bios" configuration? i have to search this option in my BIOS and and it's prabably not in the same place from your BIOS.

Thanks.

09/24/2014 08:25 AM

Author Icon
Ju
Peon

Hi,

My scenario is 2x video cards (HD6950)

Not 2 integrated GPUs, 2x video cards on 2 differents PCIe slots, one in x16 and one in x4

- Can you show some print of this "UEFI Bios" configuration? i have to search this option in my BIOS and and it's prabably not in the same place from your BIOS.

Here the option in my UEFI Bios (advanced mode in advanced tab)

https://imageshack.com/f/idWrm5Wqp

Here my first card wehre you can see x16 and crossfire enabled

https://imageshack.com/i/knRQcvBCp

Here my second card where you can see x4 and crossfire enabled (before my changes it was x1)

https://imageshack.com/i/kqxFnLMAp

Here my motherboard

https://imageshack.com/i/pcv7iDZ4p

And here my CCC where you can see the version 14.4 and the option AMD CrossFireX (when i click on that the crossfire is sure enabled)

https://imageshack.com/i/idNkPj0mp

Thanks,

Edited: 09/24/2014 at 08:32 AM by Ju
 09/24/2014 08:39 AM

Author Icon
RodrigoMM
Peon

Originally posted by: Ju Hi,

My scenario is 2x video cards (HD6950)

Not 2 integrated GPUs, 2x video cards on 2 differents PCIe slots, one in x16 and one in x4

Here the option in my UEFI Bios (advanced mode in advanced tab)

https://imageshack.com/f/idWrm5Wqp

Here my first card wehre you can see x16 and crossfire enabled

https://imageshack.com/i/knRQcvBCp

Here my second card where you can see x4 and crossfire enabled (before my changes it was x1)

https://imageshack.com/i/kqxFnLMAp

Here my motherboard

https://imageshack.com/i/pcv7iDZ4p

And here my CCC where you can see the version 14.4 and the option AMD CrossFireX (when i click on that the crossfire is sure enabled)

https://imageshack.com/i/idNkPj0mp

Thanks,

hm, my scenario is 1x video card 5970 which have 2 GPUs integrated, which i think is treated by the windows as two video cards, exactly because i have the "disabled adapter" problem too, but i think your solution will not help me

09/24/2014 08:43 AM

Author Icon
Ju
Peon

Oh...sorry...

Can't help you i don't know how single card with 2 GPUs works...

10/10/2014 04:45 PM

Author Icon
SAMiV
Peon

Hello Ju,

I read your post above and i could't find any option in my motherboards BIOS (MSI big bang-xpower II) where you could change the slot speed to X4 from X1.

I didn't find anything in advance tab where you could change that.

I just now also updated Catalyst drivers to 14.9, but still i get disabled adapter.

I also have ran the GPU-Z program and i can see that my 2nd graphics card is running at X1 where it should say something else (i think x8 in my case... im not sure...)

Thanks for your post though. Others may find it helpful.

Just my (bad) luck that i dont have such an option in my motherboard. Not sure what to do next.... wait for yet another update from AMD i guess and hope they have fixed this problem. Now my 2nd card is totally useless. :\

10/19/2014 12:04 PM

Author Icon
JT
Peon

I fixed my dissabled 2nd linked adaptor problem by going into device manager and updating the drivers from the option there for the 2nd card.

The installation of display drivers + catalyst was only installing on the first card leaving the 2nd card with a generic driver.

12/14/2014 04:47 PM

Author Icon
gluon001
Peon

I have the same issue here. The PCI-E Bus on the secondary adapter is at 1x. I was wondering if it´s possible to manually allocate the correct bus through windows registry (REGEDIT) or prompt command.

Graphics Cards

2x Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6950

AMD Catalyst Driver Version

CPU

Intel I7-2600

Motherboard

P67A-UD3-B3

Power Supply

Thermaltake TR2 RX 850W

MEMORY

4 x Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G (Total of 16 GB)

Edited: 12/14/2014 at 04:54 PM by gluon001
Statistics
88741 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 11 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.