Topic Title: Crashing and Freezing with Crossfire Cards
Topic Summary: Dual Hd Radeon 7770-2gb
Created On: 04/12/2014 08:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/12/2014 08:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Magnitude
Peon

So a couple months ago I purchased a new hd7770-2gb card. I was playing different with this card without any technical problems. However, I noticed that my frame rate was not what I wanted it to be so I decided to purchase a second identacal card. Once I installed it, my computer recognized it without a problem and I activated crossfire. But then when I attempted to launch any game with this setup, it would get me just beyond the loading screen before the whole computer froze up and I had no other option but to restart it by holding down the power button. I tried this with games that should have crossfire capability such as arma 3. When the cards run individually, there are no problems. I've been reading online for a solution. Some said it was because of a poor power supply but when I calculated my usage, the 800 watt supply I have right now should be enough to power everything without a problem. Then some said it was due to poor cooling but when I launch the games, they crash so fast with crossfire that the graphics cards don't even have enough time to warm up that much. So now I am confused as to what might be my issue. I currently have a p6t deluxe v2 motherboard with a intel i7 920 @ 2.66 processor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Magnitude

04/13/2014 02:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Overclocker

Have you read tfm?

Upgraded the BIOS?

Memory update for that motherboard?

No mention of RAM components and speed.

No mention of driver version...uninstall/reinstall procedure.  Crossfire bridge? Enabled Crossfire in CCC?

Power settings?

Do you have anything with "EPU" or similar enabled/disabled?

Cards are in blue and white slots? Blue and black?

What steps other than the restart have you attempted to solve this issue?

-------------------------

Non-noob components.

Edited: 04/13/2014 at 02:27 AM by UcouldBrong
Statistics
84980 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.