I've a weird scenario on my dual HD7990 setup.
Here are the steps I done:
1. Boot up PC with Crossfire X enable.
2. Ensure you have some monitoring tools, e.g. MSI Afterburner/GPU-Z (Catalyst will be a bit hard to read data per GPU but will get you same result).
3. Get into any games, with Crossfire X profile, e.g. Anno 2070, Diablo 3.
4. Play the game for some times then quit.
5. On the clean desktop, monitor of each GPU load, it should be pretty nice like this:
GPU 1 - 0-10%, GPU 2-4: 0%
6. Wait for a while, then start any web browser and browse website.
7. Monitor the GPU load, GPU 1, 0%, GPU 2-4: 60% then keep load up till 99%.
If you did not noticed and keep browsing web, yea, you will get a pretty loud fan noise for both the cards.
Because god damn it, this 2 cards are running weird behavior for reading AMD support forum.
Things I wanna know, are there any hotfix for this weird behavior?
I7-3820K|Asrock X79 Extreme 11|2x8G Crucial 1600Mhz|2x Sapphire HD7990|Zalman 1250W PSU|2x WD 320G BLUE RAID0|LianLi X2000