Topic Title: Crossfire R7950+FFXIV
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/23/2014 05:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/23/2014 05:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Kleinersaphire
Peon

Hello!

So i've pretty much always been an Nvidia user and have more experience on that side of the fence. However a few months ago I purchased a R7950 and recently purchased a second. I've got them both in, both are recognized. 

Problem is that i'm not seeing any performance increase in the main game I bought the second card for, FFXIV. Running it in fullscreen, both cards seem to just sit around 50% load. Running it bordless windowed, Only one GPU seems to be in use, and it's load is flying anywhere from 0 to 100 and going all over the place.

I know with Nvidia, sometimes it took some tweaking to really get dual cards to play ncie with games. Could anyone give me a hand?

I'm running Windows 7 and the current beta drivers. 

Edit:

So, the 2nd GPU is only engaging when the game is played in true full screen. Anything windowed and it doesn't do a thing. But even putting it in fullscreen results in no different in FPS ingame. Am I just bottlenecked somewhere else maybe? Or am I doing this wrong? =[

Edited: 04/23/2014 at 05:20 PM by Kleinersaphire
 04/25/2014 12:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Case Modder

Is the game CFX supported?  Do you see the AMD CrossfireX logo when ingame?

Sometimes CFX scaling is low.

-------------------------

Non-noob components.

Statistics
85384 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.