Topic Title: Issues with two R9-270x cards in crossfire
Topic Summary: graphics issues, BSOD, graphics drivers crashes
Created On: 07/30/2014 12:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/30/2014 12:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
begalund
Peon

I recently installed two new powercolor R9-270x cards, as an upgrade over my older card.  I've removed all the old drivers, and installed only the 14.4 CCC.

Since then I'm starting to get all kinds of graphics related issues:

Occasional BSODs that are obviously graphics related

Messages informing me the graphics driver has stopped responding but has recovered.

Running Thief is something of a crap shoot.  Either it's amazing and beautiful, or all of the in game lights flicker and flash.  I have to tell the AMD Gaming Involved App to optimize the game each and everytime - even though it says it is already optimized or else get the flicker and flash.

My specs - most of the system was built in 2011, the new cards were the first upgrade I was allowing myself:

WIN 7-64 Ultmate SP1

ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3  

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

16 GB RAM (DDR3 1333)

Rosewill RBR1000-M 1000W power supply 

(http://www.rosewill.com/products/1370/productDetail.htm)

My monitor is actually a Sony bravia tv - specifically a KDL37XBR6, running in 1080p, via HDMI cable

No overclocking of either the graphics or CPU.

primary GPU temp with the fan at 24% is 38 C, secondary was reporting 20% fan speed, and 30 C.

I've also previously attempted to upgrade the driver to CCC14.7 (didn't help) and attempted to use the beta release drivers (which also didn't improve anything).  Before I am forced to drop another chunk of change I don't really have on a new mobo and processor, I'm looking to see if there is another solution to my problem(s).

Statistics
86400 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.