Topic Title: Bug crossfire with Catalyst 14.4+14.7 ?
Topic Summary: Bug crossfire HD Radeon7970
Created On: 08/01/2014 12:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/01/2014 12:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NitroLeLama
Peon

Hi, 

I just realized, following the passage of 14.4, my 2nd graphics card was deactivated. I am not too worried until then, so I went to the Catalyst but now the problem is obvious: 

in the "performance" I do not see subcategory Crossfire. I'll see GPUZ and he told me that CrossFire is disabled. 

I uninstall the Catalyst and I re install the drivers -> it always worries, my 2nd card is recognized but is not enabled. 

After multiple install / uninstall drivers and even my crossfire bridge for testing, I completely reformatted the PC. 

After formatting the pc, I handed the Catalyst 13.4 (no problem Crossfire, the 2nd card is activated and I sub category Crossfire in Catalyst), then I install the Catalyst 14.4 -> 2nd graphics card off, I do not have sub category Crossfire in Catalyst 14.4. So I went back on the AMD website and I tried the 14.7 beta but it has absolutely nothing changed ...... 

Are there people in the same situation as me? What have you done to remedy to this? 

my GPUs are recognized in the device manager

System specs:

Intel I7-3770K watercooling

HD Radeon 7970 x2 watercooling

12GB Corsair Vengeance 

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

850w Silverstone strider gold evolution

Sorry for my english ,i'm french and i use google translator. 

Thank you for your assistance ! 

08/18/2014 09:38 PM

Author Icon
Neon Lights
Peon

Are you sure that you have both graphic cards plugged into PCIe 3.0 16x slots that both actually have 16 PCIe 3.0 lanes? If yes, then try each graphic card seperately.

08/29/2014 07:35 AM

Author Icon
Prometheus46
Peon

I've had the same problem with my (now outdated) Sapphire HD 6790's. Reformatted my system, installed the new 14.4 drivers, and the first thing I noticed after final setup and checking cards, was that one had been disabled. Went into BIOS (Sabertooth 990FX bios 1604), and all looked as it should. After tweeking buses, voltages, clocks, etc, I rebooted, and still no recognition of second card and a message to check Crossfire ribbon. Shut down, pulled ribbon, flipped it the opposite direction (as if that makes a diff, but just in case..), switched power cables from my RaidMax RX 1000AE on the cards, booted again, and finally see the seciond card, but @ 2x, not 16x. Again, I go back to the bios, up voltage on NB, and CPU, raised mem speed to 2000mhz (Crucial Ballistics 2133mhz DDR3) and set timings accordingly. After reboot, I now see the second card @8x. After a few hours of experimenting with voltages, clock speeds, timings, checking Crossfire ribbon, changing power cables, etc, etc, etc, I'm still stuck in card #1 @16x, card #2 @8x. I've yet to uninstall, and re-install Catalyst drivers, as unless there is a serious problem with them, they normally tend to work. As much as I hate to spend time in the mobo bios, uninstalling, re-installing, or switching Catalyst drivers, unless someone has a sure fire cure for this that gets posted pretty quick, that's what I'll be doing in the meantime. My thoughts on this, are that it "seems" to most likely be a bios voltage tweek (at least in my case) issue.

-------------------------

PhenomII X6 1090T/Sabertooth990FX/RaidMax RX1000AE/2X4Gb Crucial Ballistics2133/2Crucial M464Gb SSDraid0/WD-SATA6 Tb/2xSapphireHD6790

09/02/2014 11:27 AM

Author Icon
Prometheus46
Peon

As I mentioned in my last post, I'd tried pretty much everything I could...but this one. I installed GPU Tweak (http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/ASUS-GPU-Tweak-Download-204535.html), made sure I had the settings I wanted on clock speeds, mem speeds, fans, etc....after going into "Advanced mode" on GPU Tweak, and comaring voltages to each card, I noticed both my cards running at "minimum" voltage. I increased just one step, and bingo! Both cards now at 16X. I don't know if this was actually the cause of the change, but nothing else has been installed, or changed on this computer other than that. You might want to try it, but I'd be super careful about the voltage tweaks. Before I set my voltage, I made sure my fans were at 92%, as I could care less if there's a little fan noise, as long as my cards NEVER overheat. GPU Tweak may be worth trying, but keep in mind, "ambient energy/heat" is the enemy, and destroys more hardware than anything else in the PC world.

-------------------------

PhenomII X6 1090T/Sabertooth990FX/RaidMax RX1000AE/2X4Gb Crucial Ballistics2133/2Crucial M464Gb SSDraid0/WD-SATA6 Tb/2xSapphireHD6790

Statistics
88761 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.