Topic Title: HD 5970 Can't select between 2 GPUs
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/24/2014 10:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/24/2014 10:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Biub
Peon

Updated to 14.6 the other week because of

"When installing an AMD Catalyst™ 13.XX Driver on a system using the AMD 970 chipset and two AMD Radeon™ HD5000 or newer Series graphics cards enabled with AMD CrossFire™ technology, the following symptoms may be experienced:

• A blue screen of death (BSOD) error when the system is rebooted after the driver installation is completed.
  • A black screen is displayed when the system is rebooted after the driver installation is completed.

KB Article: GPU-505

;Marc"

Out of the blue, with no changes that I can think of to my system, I started getting BSODs and random lock ups.  I would get the message sometimes that the display driver had crashed, so that led me to updating from 13.9 to 14.6.  This seems to have fixed the problem of BSOD and random lockups.  However, today I just noticed that in the Overdrive section of CCC, I am now missing the ability to select between each GPU in the 5970 card.  I did install GPU-Z, and looking at the bottom of that it does say "ATI CrossFire: Enabled (2 GPUs)."  So, is my card still working fine, and CCC is just being buggy, or is something more insidious at work?  As a test, I did uninstall 14.6 and reinstalled 13.9, and the option returned, however about 15 seconds later, while opening GPU-Z, the computer locked up like it had been previously, so now I'm back to 14.x drivers.

Statistics
86412 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.