Topic Title: 7850 and HH3D support
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/11/2013 04:49 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/11/2013 04:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
upridiu
Peon

Hi!

I am confused if 7850 card supports HD3D technology. It is not listed under the following link: 

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-hd3d/Pages/3d-desktop-graphics.aspx#2

Although under 7850 specs, HD3D support is listed:

http://www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/DESKTOP/GRAPHICS/7000/7850/Pages/radeon-7850.aspx#3

Does the recommended list for supported devices include all the supported panels only or just the recommended ones:

http://sites.amd.com/us/recommended/Pages/hd3d-panels.aspx

I own a Sony KDL-EX720 3D TV. Should I be able to play Dirt3/Battlefield3 in 3D with my 7850 card + KDL-EX720 panel?

Thank in advance.

01/11/2013 10:29 AM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

Sometimes the web team takes a while to update info, but the 7850 is fully HD3D capable (as will all Radeons from the 6xxx series and onward). As for certified monitors, the Sony KDL-EX720 not being on the list either means that we tried to certify it and it failed, or that Sony didn't give us one to test. It may work, and it may not work, the monitors on the certified list are just ones that went through extensive testing and passed. Your KDL might work, and it might not, we just can't guarantee success, but try it out and see, that's the best option.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 01/15/2013 04:32 AM

Author Icon
upridiu
Peon

Thank you for the information. I did not get it to work the first time because Dirt 3 needed the new 1.02 patch.

After installing the patch, Dirt 3 does work in native 3d on Radeon 7850 + Sony KDL-EX72

07/05/2013 06:37 PM

Author Icon
quetiano
Peon

Any ideas and a solution?

Good day to you.  I am new to the forum and i am not sure where to search for this topic so here goes...i have an amd 7850 graphics and when using it had windows 7 x32 bit and every thing worked fine where i can enable 3d which worked flawlessly. I have now changed to windows 7 x64 and windows 8 x64 and i dont get any option to enable 3d in any game menus anymore.

08/21/2013 03:15 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

Changing the OS (via upgrade) means that you should uninstall the old drivers (since 32-bit and 64-bit won't work at the same time, and the Win7 and Win8 drivers are completely different) first. Were the changed OS's on new hard drives, fresh OS installs, or just OS upgrades? If you do an uninstall/reinstall of the drivers, does the issue continue?

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
Statistics
84853 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.