Topic Title: Amd Video Converter problem
Topic Summary: My drive doesn't show the right thing to convert the video files
Created On: 05/01/2013 08:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/01/2013 08:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ricvt
Peon

Guys, I'm sorry for my english because i'm still studying english.

I had a HD6850 OC of gigabyte.

I had in my computer the last drive (13.4) but i can't use the conversion function of the drive.

When I check the button to activate the conversion i got nothing. Nothing has appeared. 

I've tried everything. I've already removed the entire drive and reinstalled it but nothing happened. I installed the Hydravision Pack and still nothing. Every time that i tried something, i've reboot the PC later but it didn't help. I know that there were others with this problem and one of them could resolve it in this forum but i didn't find the topic.

Can someone help me? My windows is Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I had the .NET Framework 4.0 installed.

Here is a picture of the problem:

I just want the option to drag a file to the drive to start the conversion in Avivo Converter. Like this:

Thanks a lot for all your attention,

Ricardo.

05/04/2013 09:05 PM

Author Icon
ricvt
Peon

up?

05/04/2013 09:10 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

It has been discontinued in 12.8 (or somewhere close to it). If you really need the conversion feature, you'll have to use older drivers with the avivo package. I wouldn't do that however, there are tons of video converters to use instead.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

05/05/2013 08:34 PM

Author Icon
ricvt
Peon

Although it doesn't make any sense, it must be true. I don't know why they just remove the converter button of the drive instead of let a lot of people asking why this doesn't work. Thanks for your answer.

08/26/2013 12:43 PM

Author Icon
loox
Peon

Actually there is a workaround for this problem. 

You must have uninstalled your drivers at some point. 

The 12.6 and 12.8 catalyst drivers are bugged. It's when they moved the AVIVO drivers into the main catalyst drivers. 

Here is the solution:

1.  uninstall all ATI display drivers (I used the special utility for this).

2.  install an old working driver set. I chose 11.10 cause they were good. Now install catalyst driver. Then ALSO install the AVIVO drivers.  

At this point the converter should be back. 

3.  Now update those drivers with version 12.8. Dont uninstalling the old drivers. And remember to update both the catalyst driver (whql.exe) and the AVIVO drivers (...Xcode.exe).  

These drivers are broken. They add drag and drop but as you noticed the converter is missing. That's okay. You need the Xcode AVIVO drivers installed for the hotfix to fix them. So don't uninstall anything!!

4. Find and install "ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 Hotfix 10 P6 V10.7" it works on all OSes. Open CCC and you will see the converter is still not there. 

5. Restart your computer. Open CCC.  Viola!!! Everything is back. 

From now on you can safely update your drivers.  The Xcode drivers will mow be a part of the catalyst install file. For example, you can update to 13.1 and get AVIVO improvements. Just don't ever go back to drivers 12.X again!!!

hope this helped

Statistics
84650 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.