Topic Title: big Problem with A6 5400k!!!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/24/2013 01:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/24/2013 01:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pacomputer
Peon

Hi all!

I have a big problem with a A6 5400K and is that the screen turns black for half second and then returns at irregular intervals.

It is mounted on a motherboard Asrock FM2A75 Pro4 and I find that is not the motherboard or memoty because  on other computers with the same configuration (identical) does not happen. I have changed the processor to another motherboard that works fine and I had the problem again.

If i left configured as vga standar this doesn't happens, but when i install the cd drivers or the webpage the problem back again.

What I can do? the processor is new, has a week and it does since the first day.

Thank you very much.

PD: sorry for my english i'm spanish and the google traductor writes bad than me.

01/24/2013 04:12 PM

Author Icon
Vegan
Alpha Geek

which driver verson are you using?

12.x is the most recent i have noticed

-------------------------

01/25/2013 07:59 AM

Author Icon
pacomputer
Peon

i have tried the lastest version and olders (in the drivers cd). 

As i told, in other computers with the same configuration and with outdated drivers, everything works fine.

I think is very, very strange that a new processor were broken ( i don't have seen this in years).  I work like a component assembler.

Any ideas?

07/20/2013 09:03 PM

Author Icon
A Customer
Peon

I'm having the exact same problem!  And it's discouraging that no one at AMD/ATI has addressed "pacomputer"'s problem in the last 6 months.

I've just put together a new computer with an "ASRock FM2A85X Extreme" motherboard and an A6-5400K APU from Newegg.    I'm using an older (but completely functional) VGA monitor plugged into the VGA port.  Just like pacomputer, the video output was totally stable as long as I was using the standard VGA driver, but as soon as I installed the Radeon driver, it started blanking out for 2 or 3 seconds at a time, randomly, and doing so several times a minute.

Like pacomputer, if I revert the device driver back to the standard VGA driver, the blanking stops.

At first, I thought (hoped) it was because I'd installed an older Radeon driver (8.947.0.0) from ASRock's driver disk that came with the motherboard, but when I connected the computer to the internet and downloaded the latest version (12.104.0.0), it had exactly the same problem.

I've tried changing the video resolution from the Monitor's preferred resolution (1280x1024) to other values, but that didn't make any difference.  I've also tried changing the video refresh rate from 60Hz to 75Hz and that didn't make any difference either.

There are no error messages visible or on the Windows System Event logs.

The 2-or-3 seconds of black is just like what happens when the video output mode changes and it takes the monitor a couple of seconds to respond and resync, so it's 99% likely that this is an issue with the sync signals in the VGA output.  And it has to be a bug in the Radeon video accelleration driver, because the standard VGA driver that ships with the Windows 7 install disk produces rock solid output with exactly the same hardware + monitor + cables.

I'm hoping that changing to a different monitor with a DVI input will fix the problem.  (I don't have one on hand right now.)  But if not, I'd have to say that this APU is defective and completely unusable!

07/20/2013 10:04 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

...and have you sent a issue report to AMD tech support? The FAQ section of the forum has that information...with e-mail and telephone support for whatever country your in. This is a user forum...peer-to-peer. No engineers here.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

***** cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus ******

07/21/2013 03:43 PM

Author Icon
A Customer
Peon

I have now, Stumped.  THANK YOU for the pointer.

Did you know that when you go to the www.amd.com web site and click on "Support and Drivers", the page http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx promenently features "Support Resources" which include Warranty services; this Support forum; Technical documentation; FAQs; Knowledgebase; and Glossary.  -- NO INDICATION that such a thing as email technical support is a possibility.  If a customer doesn't find it in the FAQ you posted, I don't know how they're supposed to know it exists.

07/21/2013 03:53 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: A Customer I have now, Stumped.  THANK YOU for the pointer.

Did you know that when you go to the www.amd.com web site and click on "Support and Drivers", the page http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx promenently features "Support Resources" which include Warranty services; this Support forum; Technical documentation; FAQs; Knowledgebase; and Glossary.  -- NO INDICATION that such a thing as email technical support is a possibility.  If a customer doesn't find it in the FAQ you posted, I don't know how they're supposed to know it exists.

I agree. Believe it or not, it is better now than a year ago. The information is out there...scattered all over multiple sites. I highly recommend users to peruse the "How-to and FAQ" section of the forum.

edit: And here is a different AMD website..

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

***** cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus ******

Edited: 07/21/2013 at 04:02 PM by stumped
Statistics
89076 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.