Topic Title: A10-5700 lagging when multitasking with flash
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/07/2013 10:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/07/2013 10:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Zicoz
Peon

Hi, I've got a HTPC with a FM2A85X Extreme4-M motherboard and A10-5700 APU. The reason why I chose that motherboard is because it can handle 3 monitors at once (VGA+DVI+HDMI).But I'm having problems actually doing this, if I watch a HD-movie and a flash stream (twitch.tv) at the same time, the HD-movie will lag, and if I watch 3 flash streams at the same time they are lagging as well.The task manager hovers around 40-50% CPU. Can the GPU part of the A10-5700 simply not handle this, or is there something wrong with my setup? Would adding a dedicated graphics card fix it?Will future APUs be able to handle this load?
 03/08/2013 08:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Forum Moderator

Flash is absolutely horrible, hogs a looooot of resouces for the little it displays. If I run a game full screen on my old GTX 570with my Phenom 940  BE, it bogs down like you wouldn't believe. I have not played aflash game in a while, so I don't have a verdict on my new system.

That is why MS is tying to push back on flash, that's why apple never liked flash, why google is in love with it, I have no idea.

-------------------------

Statistics
87543 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.