Topic Title: AMD A10-5800K Freezes
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/25/2013 12:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/25/2013 12:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bciscool
Peon

Hey guys,

I bought the AMD A10-5800K processor a couple months ago and was very satisfied with the performance. Then when I started to game the freezes began to happen. My computer will consistenly freeze up and will only respond to a hard reset. I have read on many forums that other users are experiancing the same problems but there are no solutions to this problem found. I was hoping that AMD or would notice this and fix it because this has been happening for a long time. If anyone knows anything about this problem please help. Thanks!

03/31/2013 09:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
victor6er
Peon

I had the exact same problem with my A10-5800k on an Asus f2a55-m motherboard.  What I discovered is that with the ram in the first 2 available slots (which to Asus's credit and my ignorance were colored black, then blue to match the next 2 colorwise also) it would freeze every single time in roughly 5 min or so while gaming although would handle everyday windows stuff usually without problems.  I changed the dimm in the second slot to the third and, VOILA!  Not only did the freezes stop but also the video began giving me the performance I paid for (checked through windows experience it went from 4.4 up to 5.9).

Check your motherboard to make sure your memory is in the correct slots to be addressed correctly by the cpu.

Statistics
85363 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.