Topic Title: AMD A4 5300 HTPC and Samsung F8000 Ghosting and Smearing
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/16/2013 02:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/16/2013 02:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
chrissp26
Peon

Earlier in the year I built myself a new HTPC using an AMD A4 5300 FM2 CPU.

Very happy overall with the performance of the CPU and the graphics capabilities.

A couple of weeks ago I brought a new TV a Samsung F8000 series. All my peripheral devices are plugged into an AV Receiver and that in turn plugs into the TV. In terms of the devices I have my HTPC, a seperate 3D bluRay player and my Xbox 360.

If I watch a BluRay or DVD through the Bluray player it works perfectly. THe picture is stunning.

If I play a DVD or BluRay via the HTPC it looks so unbelievably rubbish its laughable. It ghosts and smears so bad in dark scenes it looks ridiculous. I've ensured Motion Plus is disabled on the TV. for playing DVDs I use Windows Media Center. For BluRays I use TotalMedia Theatre 5.

I've tried playing around with the settings on the TV but they all seem fine. So I've gone into the Catalyst drivers and had a play with some of the flat panel settings in there but I'm not sure what I need to change to fix it.

Can someone please show me the way?

Many thanks

Chris

Statistics
84118 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.