Topic Title: AMD A8-5600k issues
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/02/2013 12:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/02/2013 12:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
etm34
Peon

Issue: Display Cuts out and no signal after about 10min of installing the processor drivers and will not come back on in windows.

More background: I just recently recieved a new A8-5600k to replace my A4-5300. I installed it as normal and reinstalled windows becuase windows didnt like the change. Upon second reboot after installing catalyst, the display cut out during the window boot screen. I reinstalled windows 3 more times but the issue still occurs, or it now cuts out after about 10 min of use and will not come back on booting into windows after that. It works in safe mode however. I have tried installing catalyst and the Processor drivers, but have had no luck, andy ideas? Do i have a fualty unit? 

Processor: A8-5600k

MB: MSI A75MA-E35

Ram: G-Skill 2x4gb 1866 Ares

Monitor: Random HP monitor or my Samsung Tv

It is ot be noted that i had no issues over the two weeks of having the A4 processor in the computer, its just when i switched that i developed issues. I have also tried deleting the display drivers of the gpu in safe mode and windows will boot but once the drivers reinstall the video output fails after 10min

05/04/2013 08:20 AM

Author Icon
rrplay
Peon

Hi which bios are you using for your mainboard? see if you have the latest version 1.7 for your board from MSI installed and flashed properly and let us know. 

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/FM2-A75MA-E35.html#/?div=BIOS

05/04/2013 10:54 PM

Author Icon
etm34
Peon

Originally posted by: rrplay Hi which bios are you using for your mainboard? see if you have the latest version 1.7 for your board from MSI installed and flashed properly and let us know. 

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/FM2-A75MA-E35.html#/?div=BIOS

Im using 1.7 and im pretty sure it is flashed correctly. it worked just fine with the a4 processor.

05/05/2013 07:37 AM

Author Icon
rrplay
Peon

Originally posted by: etm34
Im using 1.7 and im pretty sure it is flashed correctly. it worked just fine with the a4 processor.

OK thanks, and you did load the Default [Optimized] values in the BIOS after the 1.7 BIOS update ? 
btw >>have you seen any error messages such as “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered”,  or  ATIKMDAG.sys type errors " any stop error messages? Sounds like it may be a driver issue or a Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) with rogue registry keys that may need to be cleaned and/or MS DirectX not playing niceley at this time.
Might as well check the Windows power management setting in Control panel too.
Just some thoughts that may help narrow it down since it seems to be more likely to be a drivrer/MS snafu than a faulty A8-5600k and your MSI board supports it.

Statistics
84120 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.