Topic Title: AMD Kaveri
Topic Summary: AMD Kaveri
Created On: 06/06/2013 06:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/06/2013 06:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Slayer
Peon

Good afternoon. Wants to know the correct information about the kaveri. Will it contain 3 modules steamroller, or only 2? And also interested in whether support for GDDR5

P.S.

Awful forum. Download and install the normal engine - a matter of minutes. Two or three designers will be able to decorate it perfectly adjusted....
Why there is no forums for France, Germany, Russia and the rest? At this rate of AMD will disappear from the face of the earth

06/06/2013 06:32 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

What other graphics card company has forums in every s**t hole country in the world?

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

06/07/2013 05:00 AM

Author Icon
Slayer
Peon

Stamped, such as Intel and Nvidia. There is no dispute that AMD makes good processors and graphics cards, but the marketing department is just terrible. You look at these slides, and realize that their have drawn in the Paint '98. Even the forum engine since 2007.

06/07/2013 05:13 PM

Author Icon
Doron
Master Looter

Are you here for info on Kaveri or are you just being a wise guy?

-------------------------
#1: Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P | Sapphire hd4870 512mb | G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb | Antec 900 | Corsair TX750 | Samsung P2350 1920x1080

#2: Athlon II x2 240 @ 3.5ghz (250x14) | Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H | G.Skill NQ 2x2gb | Coolermaster Elite 335 | SeaSonic S12II-500 | Samsung T220 1680x1050
 06/08/2013 12:36 AM

Author Icon
NarooN
Peon

The TC has spent more time randomly complaining about random s*** than he did worrying about his questions, lol. ANYWAY, despite your rudeness, I'll answer your questions anyway.

According to the most recent roadmaps, support for GDDR5 isn't mentioned anymore, and the document said Kaveri is still coming this year but will only have "2-4 cores", so that means either one or two modules.

06/09/2013 04:11 PM

Author Icon
Slayer
Peon

Thanks. 

06/22/2013 09:20 PM

Author Icon
loekf
Peon

Kaveri is not the same as the PS4 and XBone APUs, so no GDDR5

Maybe DDR4, according to the rumours

1 or 2 steamroller modules will give you 2 or 4 core like Richland.

10/20/2013 05:59 PM

Author Icon
hotshot64
Peon

Hello

I sold my configuration based on Intel 2600k processor and NVIDIA GPU 570gtx

Because I 'm sick of me stealing my money, these two manufacturers .

They slow the advance technology on many plan retaining the current model of motherboard. They too slowly implant technology to unify a PC , which is against productive if we had motherboards, built as GPU, we would have much better results, especially in memory bandwidth .

If we follow their roadmap we will not have DDR4 or 5 before at least 3 years

However , I will soon buy a CPU and two GPU Kaveri R x 280 for a Cross - Firex .

However, I recently read that AMD was in the process of reviewing the access memory and CPU 's IGP on the main memory, in order to make things more consistent and thus provide better performance at the IGP who can now allocate its own memory without going through various processes through the Central Processor . I also read that Kaveri would be able to Gerer of GDDR5 but how do you introduce the main memory as GDDR5 ?

First, the current architecture does not yet allow and all ways , it is not yet commercially format for main memory desktop pc ,

However, the major part of the GPU already pocèdent and celà for a long 2008

Why not re-invent the motherboards based on the likeness of a modern GPU approach

Biensure must retain the essence of a motherboard but delete the current memory slots and the northbridge to stay there instead of directly or HMC GDDR5 memory chips;

The complex will be managed by the memory controller with an APU KAVERI that greatly improve memory bandwidth , you can then implement big, powerful IGP , and thus create a powerful dual graphics solution

While maintaining the choice offered motherboards for embedded devices

( Ethernet , USB 3.0, Wi-Fi, 6 sata pci ex 3.0 etc. ..

This allows especially the motherboard manufacturers to offer new products at different rates (MSI , ASUS, gygabite etc. ..) but also to better control the quality of its integral memory to the motherboard and so no problem of memory compatibility BECAUSE " it is already an integral part of the product .

It also allows manufacturers to choose the desired amount of RAM to target public how these motherboards are designed .

And offer you a range of various APU , depending on the orientation of the PC and the target service ( desktop, laptop , multimedia, gaming)

For now the APU alone do not allow to play in good condition even using the Dual Graphics.

So for now , the only viable compromise is to disable the IGP , which is replaced by one or two more powerful GPU for games. because the main memory clamp the IGP , it's a shame not to take advantage of the APU ;

So why not define the amount of GDDR5 integrated on the motherboard , this could adversely undermine Intel is not a GPU manufacturer .

You could finally crush intel and become the market leader with such flexibility .

This, in Upholding APU kaveri and increasingly entered the GDDR -5 in the heart of the motherboard,

Secondly, now or soon, the IGP AMD APU with ( lliano , Trinity and finally Richeland ) dominate the casual gamer and multimedia segment .

But Kaveri you could wear the coup de grace by having almost two years of advances with GDRR5 a range of motherboard

Intel made ??the meme thing (from SandyBridge implentent directly nortbridge and an IGP on the silicon core Processor , that art which prevents you also remove the classic memory slots and offer a new product

cordially

10/21/2013 02:09 PM

Author Icon
Nerdel
Peon

The problem is with support. Dual Graphics looks good on paper. But it will be viable only with Frame Pacing technology

Statistics
84092 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.